Part 15: THE KILLER

Grabbing the diary of Veerendra and some records of the company, Riddhima rushes to Vansh.

She enters the room panting when he is busy reading his files and continues to say without glancing at her..

V: I knew it ! You are here to check if I finished the plate right ? Look I ate it all.

When he doesn't get a response, he looks up at her with a smile. She didn't look fine.  He panicked!

V: What happened ? Why are you breathing so heavily ?

He takes her hand and guides her to the bed with him. Pulls a tissue out and starts wiping her sweating forehead. His eyes depicted worry. She kept adoring his loving gestures until she realised she had something important to discuss with him.

R: I want to tell you something. Vansh, Veer uncle did not kill Raj uncle.

Vansh shares a shocked look with her. He seems enraged. He didn't want her to indulge in all of this.

V: why did you bother to scrutinize ? Did I ever tell you , it's not safe Riddhima ! Stop doing that.

R: Who will ever dare to hurt Vansh Rai Singhania's girl ?

V: I'm not joking. There are many secrets burried deep in the past. If you ever try to dig them, people will try to hurt you and I can't afford that.

She was able to get a glimpse of fear in his eyes. Fear, of losing her. She held his hand and continues.

R: I am not weak. I won't step down because of fear. I know you are there for me always.
Vansh, I wanted to surprise you in the celebrations this weekend and went to the store to get some pictures of Veer uncle but instead I got his diary. I know, it's like intrusion in his private space but I wanted to know the truth and prove him innocent.

V: Riddhima, sometimes it's difficult to filter truth and lies. You won't find anything. I am telling you because I tried.

R: What if I tell you I got something ?

Vansh narrows his brows and looks at her, questioning what was it ? She gives him the diary and continues..

R: I read it. Veer uncle loved Raj uncle like his own brother. Moreover he wrote that someone was betraying them, trying to harm them. The same person might have framed veer uncle for everything.

V: You know what, Raj uncle cheated my father and tried to cover up by telling dad that someone else was after them.

Vansh was oozing anger and fire.

V: You know the story ? Know what actually happened ? No, you are just making assumptions. Please Riddhima, I'm tired of it.

Vansh starts to move away when she held his arm and asks...

R: No, I don't know what happened but how can I ever know if you don't tell me ? Why don't you share it ?

Vansh looks at her with red eyes, tears filling in them.

V: Okay, so you want to know the truth ? Listen,

Dad and Raj uncle were childhood friends. They were very poor and decided to make a company out of scratch. Named it VR. They succeeded. The company got huge profits and reputation. Dad was very happy until Raj uncle became greedy and started to tamper records. When my father knew about him, he was broken from inside. He felt like someone stabbed him in the gut.
He couldn't take it anymore and killed Raj uncle out of rage. But you know what, he died. Dad died !!
Science said it was poison , his letter said.. his guilt. His guilt killed him !
I have nothing but his letter that he typed in his laptop. Now tell me who was responsible for all that happened ? I can't blame anyone.

Vansh tries to hide his tears and avoids looking at her. She moved closer to him, cupped his face and said,..

R: Vansh, it's not always what it seems like. Why did uncle leave you a digital message and not a handwritten one ? Anyone could have typed it.
If Raj uncle betrayed him for money, how did he go bankrupt ? Look at his bank statements.
Vansh, why would he himself tell Veer uncle about the fraud ? If he was the culprit, he could have easily slid it under rug.

Vansh was looking at her in admiration. The woman he loves is not like others. She is such a smart , confident and intelligent beautiful lady.

V: Riddhima, I know what you feel but I already read this diary. Chachu told me everything.
Dad's laptop was password protected which only Raj uncle and chachu knew of. So I doubt anyone else typed it.
Dad got angry and killed him impulsively. I know because I get my anger from him.
Moreover, Raj uncle had many accounts and probably kept his money somewhere else.
Can we just stop now ? I am tired. My world and its secrets are dangerous for you. I can't lose you.

Saying this he sat down on the couch and rest his head on the back rest. She felt bad for him and blamed herself for the emotional turmoil he was going through. She knew she might have instigated those feelings today but she never did anything for him to suffer through this. She was going to pull the truth out and make him feel better.

Walking out of the room she thinks to herself, " This is what you are being told vansh, I can't believe it! I know something is fishy and will make sure to get THE KILLER. "

End of part fifteen
Thank you for reading

Hint for the upcoming chapter is,*Someone's going to be jealous while the other is going to commit blunders.*

The secret has just started to unfold. Hope you are enjoying it.

I got so much love from you all. Thank you for your warm wishes. I am elated ! ❤️❤️