Part 32: Wedding bells

Vansh was sitting in the hall beside the flame , ignited to witness their vows of eternity of togetherness.

Sweat dripping down his chest with a tingling sensation. It was not the heat causing it, but was his anxiousness to hold his love and tie her down with him, for life.

It was only a matter of seconds, which seemed like forever for him, when she descends down the steps with Ishani and dadi.

Vansh slowly removes his "Sehra" (veil covering his face,used in marriages).

He couldn't help his jaw drop in amusement. What a sight !

Riddhima walking up to him, holding her red lehenga. Brown strands of hair falling on her face, which glittered more than the stars he had ever seen.

Her tinkling bangles were melodious and before he could describe her beauty , he saw a hand approaching her.

Kabir stepped forward and asked her permission to help her walk to the mandap (place where marriage takes place).

She held his hand and continued to walk. Vansh was clearly annoyed.

He turns his head to the other side,and starts to murmur,"was it necessary? Huh ! Creep ! He just wants to be the hero all the time. Huh !"

Riddhima sits beside him but he acted cold. Didn't even spare a glance at her.
It was difficult as hell. She was irresistible ofcourse.

She could not guess what happened to him and nudged him a few times. On no response, she whispered ,"Are you really trying to play hard to get ? For God's sake, we are getting married. Grow up !"

He swiftly looked back at her, with his anger protruding eyes. She narrowed her brows, dazed.

"What?"

"You seriously held his hand ? Huh " he sighed in disgust.

"Hey , you jealous ? I am getting married to you ! Why do you bother if I held his hand for a minute."

"So what ? He is not just a "HE". He is Kabirrrrr"
He stressed on 'Kabir' and looked away.

She scoffed and looked hard at him.

"Are you guys really fighting while the pandit is reciting your wedding vows ?"
Sia asked them astonishingly.

Everyone started giggling.
And the couple was embarrassed yet again.

Both continued sulking until Vansh was asked to fill her hairline with vermilion.

A sudden flash of memories before their eyes, teared them up and everything else faded in that very moment.

"Congratulations Mrs. Vansh RaiSinghania."

He said. Smiling at her eyes.
While she couldn't move her gaze from her man.

All of this was a beautiful dream.

Everyone started showering them with roses and that's when the couple realised, "we were fighting."

Both blurt simultaneously.

"Fine. I am still angry"

"Because I held his hand. Fine.  I don't care."

"Huh!"