Part 20: THE CHIT-CHAT

It was Sunday, the day everyone waited for. Silver jubilee celebration party was held in the VR mansion, as planned. Ridhima was recovering well and Vansh took care of her in his signature style- Pretend like you don't care.

Kabir got something regarding the bank statements and decided to meet Vansh in the evening.

Angre : Boss, the arrangements are done. I checked about the security details and everything looks fine.

V (engrossed in reading a file) :  Hmm..good !

A: Boss, there's only a few hours left before the guests start coming. Why don't you rest a little ?

V : I am done with the work here. I will go to check if she is ok and then I will rest for a while before getting ready for the party.

A: You care about her so much.. then why did you maintain distance from her ? All this while, you keep checking on her. You took care of her medicines, her comfort,..everything !!  But all she knows is.., you don't want to see her and you have ignored her existence..since she shifted to her room.

Vansh keep the file back on the table, blinking his eyes slowly. He had a calm yet strangely painful look on his face. He looks up, smiles at Angre and says

V: Not everything that you get, belongs to you. Sometimes you meet someone , preserve them in your heart and let them go. It's difficult yet satisfying !!

Saying this, he slowly stands up and moves upstairs towards Riddhima's room. Angre is left overwhelmed.

A: Not everything that you get is coincidence ! Sometimes it's planned and meant to be.

***

On the way to her room vansh sees a house help and ask her,

V: Where is Riddhima ? Did she take her medicines ?

House-help : I don't know sir. She is sleeping right now. I got her some fruits but she was in deep sleep, so I put that on the side table.

V : Okay

He lets out a sigh of relief and thinks..

V : It's good that she is sleeping. I can go and check if she took medicines or not !

He walks towards a room. On reaching, he peeks inside. It was empty, she was not there !! The tray was still kept entact on the table.

V: What ? Where did she go ?? Is She Okay ?

He panicked and turns back to search for her, when he collides with the short- delicate figure. 

V: YOU ??
(Frowning)

R: ouuuchhh !! (Rubbing her head)

V: I was just passing by and I didn't see you. So..

R: so u panicked ? Got tensed for me ? Hmm.. that's....pretty cute.

She says folding her arms near her chest, raising her left eyebrow complimenting a beautiful smile.

V: Where were you ?

R: I went to the kitchen to get a knife. I can't have such big pieces of apples in my mouth. I might choke..
(She grins)