Hyunjae didn't know where his relationship with Sangyeon stood as Sangyeon didn't seem to care about Hyunjae and Hyunjae didn't care either. So, it came as a surprise that Sangyeon called for both of them.

"What's up?" Hyunjae had asked Juyeon before entering Sangyeon's room. Juyeon shook his head. If he was surprised as well, he didn't show it. Juyeon kept a poker face as usual. They entered the room together where Sangyeon was waiting for them at the table.

The two walked up to him. Sangyeon gestured for them to have a seat. Hyunjae and Juyeon looked at each other and took a seat.

"How have you been doing?" Sangyeon asked, taking a sip from his teacup. Hyunjae furrowed his brows.

"Fine." Juyeon replied shortly.

"Same. Nothing's new here." Hyunjae replied as well. Sangyeon nodded. He seemed to be thinking a lot.

"Look, what do you have to say to us. Spit it out. The momentum's about to kill me." Hyunjae said, crossing his arms. Sangyeon looked at him directly and Hyunjae uncrossed his arms. He's kinda scary, Hyunjae thought.

"What I'm about to say is confidential which means it is not to leave this room." Sangyeon sad, calmly. Hyunjae raised his brows in curiosity.

"What is it?" Juyeon asked. Hyunjae almost chuckled at the small hint of curiosity in his voice.

"First, promise me you will not tell it to anyone. Especially Father."

Hyunjae's eyes widened at that and Juyeon's eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Brother, what are you planning?" Juyeon asked. Hyunjae had thought Sangyeon and their Father had a good relationship. Their Father had always praised Sangyeon for his achievements in martial arts and scholarly activities.

"Why are you telling us then?" Hyunjae asked. If it's something to keep from their Father, then it was something dangerous.

"Because," Sangyeon took a breath carefully, "Although we have lack of interactions, I know that you both have loyalty and goodness. And I want you to be part of it too."

"Part of what?"

"Part of a new era."

"New what? Ok, I'm out." Hyunjae stood up but Juyeon held his hand. He gave a slight pleading look and Hyunjae sighed, sitting back down.

"Continue." He grumbled.

"I received a proposal to become a part of Hwarang. And I intend to invite you two as well."

"Hwarang? What's that?"

"An elite warrior group formed personally by His Majesty."

Oh, Hyunjae thought, an elite warrior group formed personally by His what!?

"Ah, Hyungnim! I didn't know you liked to joke around." Hyunjae laughed dryly then shut up seeing Sangyeon's serious face.

"Why are you choosing us?" Juyeon asked in the midst.

"I have seen your capabilities. Juyeon, you have excellent swords skills and martial arts abilities. And Hyunjae, although you fool around with girls and your little friends, you are capable of controlling your fighting skills and horse-riding skills."

"That's it?" Hyunjae leaned back his chair, "What makes you think we'll accept to being Hwarangs?" Sangyeon continued staring at Hyunjae and this time, Hyunjae didn't back down either. Everyone knows that their Father is against the Emperor. It's an open secret. So why was Sangyeon doing this? Under the roof of the enemy.