Forty

Hwall and Haknyeon grinned at Hyungseo which made the latter uncomfortable. Hyungseo leant into Youngjae and nudged his side.

"Why are they staring at me like that?" He whispered. Youngjae looked up from his plate and at his two friends.

"Maybe they are just glad you survived." He said, then went back to eating his breakfast. Hyungseo chuckled awkwardly at the two who were still grinning at him.

"Ok....why are you two staring at me?" He said, finally having enough of it.

"You lived. That's all." The two replied in unison making Hyungseo purse his lips.

"It's not like I was stabbed or anything, of course I live." Hyungseo muttered. He glanced back at the two who were still grinning at him.

"For real, though. Why." Hyungseo put down his chopsticks. He felt like he wouldn't have an appetite until the two gave a clear answer. Haknyeon leant in towards Hyungseo. His eyes twinkled in delight.

"Did you know Sangyeon stayed up for you all night?" He whispered. Hyungseo furrowed his brows and turned to Youngjae with a questioning look.

"Oh, right. He did." Youngjae said. 

"Sangyeon did? But why?" Hyungseo was genuinely confused. 

"You tell me why. I never thought Young master Sangyeon would ever stay up the night for someone." Hwall whispered in excitement. Hyungseo scrunched up his face in confusion. Well, that was a question he wanted to ask as well. 

"Hyungseo, you're all good, I see." Juyeon said, taking a seat beside Hyungseo. Hyungseo nodded and smiled back. 

"I don't think anything can bring me down that easily." Hyungseo said, smirking to himself proudly. Juyeon quirked his brow in amusement while the other three eyerolled. 

"Let me put you on a horse alone and talk afterwards." Haknyeon said, giggling after earning a glare from Hyungseo. 

"I hope everyone's ready to go out for today." Joonyoung said, walking towards their table. 

"Yes!" Haknyeon and Youngjae exclaimed making Hwall wince. 

"You guys are too loud." Hwall looked at the two indignantly then turned to Joonyoung with a wide smile, "I'm ready!" He cried cheerfully. Joonyoung chuckled at the three and ruffled up Hwall's hair. 

At the other table across them, Younghoon who had woken up that morning was having his breakfast. He seemed quite fine except for the his bandaged back. Younghoon put down his spoon and sighed. 

"I said I'm fine. Why are you still sitting beside me?" Younghoon said, turning to Hyunjae who was looking at him with doe eyes. 

"You got hurt because of me." Hyunjae replied in a tiny voice and pouted. He picked up a piece of meat and put it into Younghoon's bowl and smiled at him. 

"It was because we were outnumbered. It's not because of you. So, stop." Younghoon put back the meat into Hyunjae's bowl. Hyunjae pouted sadly.

"But you were trying to save me and got caught off guard." Hyunjae put back the meat in Younghoon's.

"I said we were outnumbered. Someone was bound to get hurt." Younghoon put it back into Hyunjae's.

"But-" Hyunjae stopped talking as he watched Chanhee pick up the meat and eat it.

"You guys are being noisy this early morning." Chanhee deadpanned. Changmin giggled beside Chanhee. 

"And Hyunjae, did you forget Younghoon's my boyfriend? I'll be the one to feed him." Changmin threatened jokingly. Hyunjae stuck out his tongue at Changmin.