Kalos Bites an Invisible Girl

I flopped onto my bed, Kalos ignoring me in favour of his bacon breakfast.

I sat up, staring at him.

"So when do you start helping?" I sighed, staring at the mess of egg and bacon bits on the floor.

Kalos let out a very annoying fox shriek.

"Ugh, Kalos! Don't do that!"

He growled and yipped at a corner in my room.

"So you're gonna be one of those pets, huh?" I grumbled. "There's nothing here, see?" I swung my arms around.

He snarled and chomped down on seemingly nothing. Keyword there would be 'seemingly'.

"Ow!" Someone shrieked.

I turned around slowly.

"Um... Kalos? Who's there?"

Kalos jumped on top of something I couldn't see and toppled onto the floor.

A black baseball cap flew to my feet.

"Ugh, bad dog, bad!!"

I looked up to see Kalos now on top of a girl.

"Hey, call your dog off!" she yelped.

"Why should I? How did you get in here?" I backed up. "Okay, Kalos enough!"

Kalos let the girl go instantly and retreated in between my legs. It was the first and basically last time he would listen to me.

The girl got up slowly, scowling. She looked like a California girl, skin tanned, and beach-blonde hair in soft curls. When she finally stood up, she was a good inch taller than me and really athletic looking. Someone I didn't want to be messing with. Her grey eyes stared right through me.

"Um, how did you get in here?"

She sighed and brushed her shoulder.

"That's not important," she said. "I'm Annabeth Chase. You're Bella Cooper, right?"

How come everyone I meet knows me already? And why was she so calm about being in my house?!

"Yes, I am. Now, what are you doing here? Don't you know what breaking-and-entering is?"

She ignored me. "I've come from Camp Half-Blood. I'm sure by now you know what that is, right?" she yanked her cap from the floor unhappily as Kalos snarled at her.

"Um..."

"Right. And you met Daisy and Percy."

"Uh..."

"Perfect. Percy says you got away before he could explain anything, so let me give you the rundown."

"Bella, what on earth was that?" my dad yelled from his study.

"Uh... I was... moving my dresser, sorry!"

"Your dresser- Bella Cooper, why must you insist on making the most atrocious noises and then lying about it?"

I frowned. "I don't do that!"

"Yes, you- Nevermind! Next time I'm coming up there!"

"Okay, sorry!"

I looked back at Annabeth, who had her arms crossed.

"Maybe we should take this outside. Here, I'll knock on your door. Pretend I'm one of your friends. We'll go someplace else to talk."