Chapter XVI

Blake soon found herself face to face with the Bull Rancor under the influence of the fallen Ilia Amitola. The Bull Rancor swung it's large arms at Blake, but Blake was able to dodge them. She then unleashes a torrent of Force Lightning on the Bull Rancor, but is interrupted by Ilia. 

Ilia: You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?

Blake: Stop this, girl! I don't want to hurt you! I'm only here for the Senator!

Ilia: Then killing you shouldn't be too hard!

Ilia then begins battering her with lighting fast attacks, but Blake was able to parry the attacks. Suddenly, the Bull Rancor charges at the two. Ilia gets out of the way just as the Bull Rancor slams it's fist down towards Blake. Blake is able to dodge the attack and leaps onto the Bull Rancor. She then blasts a powerful torrent of Force Lightning onto the Bull Rancor's skull. The Bull Rancor howls in pain as she attempts to plunge her Lightsaber into the Bull Rancor's head. Before she could do so, the Bull Rancor grabs her and slams her to the ground. Ilia watches with a smile on her face. 

Ilia: Finish her off, my pet!

The Bull Rancor then charges at Blake and begins swinging it's arms at her. In the intense duel that followed, Blake manages to weaken it to the point where she executes her finishing move. She hops on the Bull Rancor's head and plunges her Lightsaber into it's head. She then unleashes a torrent of Force Lightning on it. She then hops off and lands a devastating Force Push on it's head, stunning it. She then finishes the Bull Rancor off by landing a fatal slash on it's neck. The Bull Rancor lets out a dying roar as it collapses onto the floor. Blake is then attacked by Ilia. 

Ilia: Not bad, Jedi! You're the first one to survive my pet! But the game's over!

Ilia then puts Blake on the defensive. Blake quickly recognized the form she was using. It was an erratic and unpredictable version of Form V Djem So. Blake immediately recalled her fight with Cin Drallig. A sense of guilt began to take hold as she felt responsible for Ilia's fall. 

Ilia: What's the matter, Jedi?! Can't handle the Dark Side?! 

Blake: You travel down the wrong path, Ilia. Stand down and forsake the Dark Side before it consumes you!

Ilia: Don't make me laugh, Jedi! I've never felt this powerful before! Now do me a favor and die!

Ilia once more attacked Blake with power and speed. Blake's training from Darth Vader allowed her to read Ilia's attacks. At this point, Blake knew she had to end the fight. As Ilia threw her Lightsaber at Blake, Blake rolled out of the way and zapped Ilia with a torrent of Force Lightning. Ilia attempts to recover, but Blake overpowers her. Ilia reaches for her Lightsaber, but Blake uses the Force to grab it. It was at that point that the Dark Side's influence on Ilia began to fade away, leaving her in tears. She ceased to be a Dark Jedi and became a sad and frightened Padawan.

Ilia: P...please! You've won. The Senator is yours! There's no need to kill me....

Blake: You are a slave to the Dark Side! I'd be doing the Galaxy a favor!

Ilia: It's not my fault! Master Cin Drallig was taken from me! He was killed by the Empire! I...I have nothing left. I failed. I failed the Republic. I failed the Jedi. I failed my Master....

Blake knew exactly of what had happened to Cin Drallig. It was she that killed him. She looked into Ilia's eyes and saw a frightened girl with nothing left. Blake felt great guilt for what had happened to her. In her eyes, Blake was to blame for Ilia's fall. At that point, Blake deactivated her Lightsaber. 

Blake: I know how you feel, Ilia. I know the pull of the Dark Side all too well. Perhaps what you need is a teacher. 

Ilia: You would teach me? After everything I've done? Why?

Blake then thought about her answer. She thought about the brutal training she endured from Darth Vader as well as all the Jedi she's killed in service to him. 

Blake: Because deep down inside, you're not evil. You're just lost and adrift. I know someone who can teach you. Go to these coordinates, a ship will be waiting for you. 

Ilia was hesitant to do this. Ilia didn't feel like she deserved it. Nevertheless, she accepted. Blake proceeded to contact Cal Kestis and inform him of Ilia. As Ilia left the area, Lux Bonteri approached Blake. 

Lux: I've seen her kind before. A young Jedi who turned to the dark side, corrupted and evil, murderous. You shouldn't have let her go free.

Blake: You really think she's free? She'll carry the memory of what she's done here forever.

Lux: That may be, but that still doesn't change the fact that she's a danger.

Blake: She's not evil. She's...she's just lost and scared. She spent who knows how long out here by herself without anyone. With something like that, it's hard if not impossible to resist the temptation of the Dark Side. Now let's get going. 

Lux took a moment to reflect on Blake's words. Lux then turned his attention to Ilia walking away. While he didn't trust her for obvious reasons, she would give her the benefit of the doubt. With that, Blake's mission to rescue Lux Bonteri was a success. Now it was the time to recruit him.