Chapter 33

My eyes grew in disgust and my knuckles whitened in frustration as anger quickly made its way through me as the thought of what he said continued to echo inside my head.

They’re all dead

This mad king killed those innocent humans.

What’s worse is, he killed his fellow demons.

My mind immediately thought of Chevel and for the first time I felt fear oozing from my body.

If what he said was true, then Chevel is in danger.

I suddenly felt suffocated as the throbbing pain in my chest grew.

So this is how fear feels like.

Never in my life here in the underworld have I felt fear. Not that I’m capable of any sensations but I find it hard to understand or feel these kinds of things.

And now that it’s happening, I can’t help but feel antsy to the unfamiliar feeling inside of me.

The sudden tapping sound of Lucifer’s fingers against the armrest snapped me out of my own thoughts.

I shifted my gaze towards him and the spiteful smirk painted on his mouth made me anxious.

“But since she’s your first slave, I’ll make an exception just for you.” Lucifer said and my jaw clenched automatically upon hearing him address Chevel as a slave.

I can’t help but notice the malicious smirk growing on his lips. Though I won’t deny that I felt relieved for a moment but knowing that I’m talking to the slyest demon in the underworld, I didn’t take my chances.

I furrowed my brows as I wait for his next words. There’s no way he’ll do this without anything in exchange.

“On one condition.” He said with his blood-painted eyes gleaming excitedly.

Bingo.

“And what is that?” I asked.

Chevel living is my utmost priority at the moment and whatever is Lucifer’s condition better not be worse than Chevel dying.

But what could even be worse than dying? I thought to myself as I anticipate for a response.

“She’ll take the training for slaves.” He responded and I was sure I felt my heart sunk the moment his words registered in my brain.

Absolute nonsense

I stared in space upon hearing his words.

Slaves are being trained in his castle and the worst part is that it's whether they survive or die through the process.

I’ve heard but not dared to see about how cruel the training could be for I may not be able to control myself from slitting their necks.

“What do you say, Gyth?” Lucifer asked impatiently as he continually tapped his fingers against the armrest.

I got such little time to think it through. He didn’t even gave me a day before giving an answer.

There’s only one thing I could think of during this crucial time.

“Let’s say I agree. But I have a condition as well.” I answered and his eyes suddenly dilated rousingly.

I can’t believe he’s enjoying every moment of this conversation. I guess it’s not much of a surprise anymore since I’ve known him for a very long time.

“As expected of you my Gyth; a condition for a condition. That’s why I like you.” He said with a growing smirk on his face.

“We think alike.” He added and that’s when I felt fume running through my veins.

I struggled to get a hold of my anger as I balled my hands into fists. How dare he equate me with the likes of him? I’m not sick in the head.

I deeply breathed in and let out a long sigh to calm myself down.

I can’t make a mess right now.

Or else Chevel will be in greater danger.

“Let me hear your condition then.” He said as a human poured another wine onto his glass.

I suddenly glance on my empty glass and a human swiftly poured wine onto my glass with her shaking hands as if her life depended on it.

I noticed how she glanced over Lucifer and cowered afterwards as if to check whether she did something wrong of not refilling my glass as soon as it was emptied.

“I’ll accompany Chevel throughout the training.” I stated as clear as I could and his features surprisingly look as if he’s reveling in pleasure.

The training could last for a few weeks. Of course it could end sooner but that’ll only mean you ended up dead.

There’s no way I’m letting Chevel be by herself especially if it’s here in this loathsome castle.

“No condition could be better than yours. Of course you’d want to see her in pain.” He said with utter satisfaction.

As expected from the king of the underworld

The title does suit him well. Seeing humans in pain is nothing more than his hobby.

The training can even be a façade for his amusement time. Though I’ll make sure that I’ll watch every single training Chevel will have and whoever dares to harm her will never see another day.

I didn’t let his words get the worst of me this time around as I stood up from where I’m seated.

“Are we both clear with our conditions, your majesty?” I asked, addressing him with utmost respect.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to get to his bad side since Chevel will be in his hands for weeks. I might as well address him like a king even though he insists for me to call him by his name.

“Clear as day.” Lucifer responded and that was my queue to take my leave.

I don’t want to prolong this conversation with him since it surprisingly triggers me every darn time he opens his filthy mouth.

“Then I’ll take my leave, your majesty.” I said, taking a quick bow feeling his intense gaze on my back.