Prologue

This can't be happening

I grimaced at the sight before me. Fear and confusion is written all over my face as I see my own body on the pavement surrounded by people and ambulances.

"No.." I muttered to myself as I cover my mouth with my hands. The very question that can't make my mouth come to words.

Am I dead?

The thought of it left constant banging on my chest. If I was dead why can I still hear my heart echoing from my chest? The question came running through my mind before tears drowned my eyes.

I tried to recall everything that happened before this tragic event. I recalled myself kissing my mom and my cat goodbye as I go to work.

The day at work went by pretty fast and as I was about to go home..

I suddenly felt a stinging feeling in my chest as I thought of what happened.

I was walking home when I saw a kitten crossing the road. It was about to get hit by a fast running car, ofcourse knowing my weakness against these cute creatures, I run towards the kitten and just before the memory of the car even hit me I snapped out of my thoughts upon hearing the siren from the ambulance.

I watch in horror as the people in uniforms took my body inside the ambulance, the flock of people giving way as they did.

I heard constant murmurs of grief and pity from the people around my body.

I suddenly remembered my mom and my dad. The thought of them knowing that this happened sent a throbbing pain in my chest.

I followed the ambulance moving at the speed of light and watched them giving me specifically my body first aid and oxygen.

They rushed my body through the hospital emergency entrance as they arrived, shoving people to make way.

The doctor came running towards my already pale body as he pressed his ear against my chest before pressing it with the palm of his hands for the last fifteen minutes.

I clasped my hands together as I watched my own body, praying that eventually I'll wake up.

But I wasn't waking up.

After about some time, the doctor gathered the nurses and assistants around my body.

He raised his hand upon saying "Dead on arrival."

"W-what is happening? Why is this happening?" I found my fist on my chest rumpling the shirt against it in distress as tears continued to run down my face.

"Time's up." A deep voice from behind said. I shivered as I felt a sudden rush of cold wind from my back.

I turned around as quickly as I could to find a man in pure black clothing holding a scythe.

My foot took a step back from the feeling of fear constantly resonating in my body.

He is wearing a long black cape, a hood covering half of his face only showing his lips, which is almost the shade of an old rose.

A strong wind suddenly blew around us almost causing me to lose my footing, making the hood from his cape fall off revealing his dark hair that's almost covering his eyes. His skin is pale as white.

I searched for his eyes and my mouth dropped open upon contact with his dark green eyes which is the only feature of him that wasn't black or pale.

The lashes of his eyes are long and dark emphasizing his beautiful green eyes.

His eyes pierced through me, almost making me lose my ability to move. I shook my head preventing myself from drowning in his eyes.

I furrowed my brows as if they could defend me as I braced myself.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered. He squinted making my whole body tremble in fear.

"I'm the grim reaper."