Bruce Banner x Reader Part 2

Dedicated to Meghanwr

Up next: Peter Quill x Reader

Later: Pyro x Requested Reader

This is Part 2 of the Bruce Banner x Reader that came before the Wade Wilson x Reader and the Pietro Maximoff x Reader several updates back.

   Y/N'S POV

  As Bruce continued to hold me in his arms, I asked him,"When are you going to tell me what happened?"

  Bruce took his glasses off and said,"Y/N, nothing happened. You were here the whole time."

  I chuckled saying,"Banner, now I know you're messing with me. We were not here. We were both at our home and you were The Hulk. You stepped on your phone and you said there were people after me because of you, well The Hulk. So, what happened?"

  Bruce answered,"We both were exposed to the same- I don't know how to explain it to you, Y/N. Just know that it caused both of us to believe that we were not here and somewhere else."

  I said,"Bruce, that doesn't make any sense, though. Something went through my neck and I actually felt the pain from that. The pain couldn't have been all inside my head."

  Bruce rested his hands on the desk saying,"It makes sense, Y/N. I've experienced worse before. I'm glad it wasn't like my past experiences with situations like this one. I could've lost you. That pain you felt could have been all inside your head. I felt it, too, at one point."

  I placed my hand on my neck saying,"So, I'm not actually in danger and you're all right?"

  Bruce looked at me saying,"You're not in danger and I'm fine. I'm not angry."

  I smiled at Bruce, yet I asked him,"Do you know who could have done this to us?"

  Bruce shook his head saying,"No. Tony and I are still working on that. Y/N, you and I were the only targets, so we know it doesn't concern the whole team."

  I nodded and said,"I want to know who did this. That means that I lost time I could have been using to waste time on my own terms. I'm angry."

  Bruce chuckled, but he held out his hand. I put my hand in his hand and he led me out of the room.

  As we walked down the hall together, I asked him,"Are you sure you're fine?"

  Bruce nodded and said,"Yes. I'm sure."

  I sent him a weak smile and asked him,"How are you so calm about this? It didn't bother you?"

  Bruce stopped walking and said,"I'm so calm about this because, like I said before, I've experienced worse than this being on this team. We could've been trapped wherever we were. We could've died if someone had gotten to us there. A number of things could have happened, but they didn't happen."

  I looked down at Bruce's hand saying,"I get what you're saying. I'm glad none of those things happened."

  Bruce looked down the other end of the hallway and said to me,"Y/N, are you all right? Do you need us to keep walking?"

  I said,"I'm not sure how I am, but I'll be all right soon. I would like it if we kept walking and talking to each other. Talking to you is easier when you're Bruce Banner and not running around here destroying things as The Hulk. I love The Hulk, by the way, but I like talking to you, Bruce."

  Bruce motioned in front of him and said,"Ladies first."

  I sent Bruce a wink and said,"Thank you, Banner."

  Bruce nodded and I asked him,"So, what are the chances of us eating during this walk?"

  Bruce chuckled and took my hand again saying,"Come on, Mrs. Banner. The kitchen is this way."