Deadpool x Reader

Up next: Avengers x Reader

Later: Doctor Doom x Reader

WARNING: This one does touch on racism. This one could really tie into any group, even if you're white and your parents don't want you with someone that is white too. Anything is possible, but I hope you guys know that love shouldn't be limited because you don't like someone else's skin color. We're all the same, just trying to get somewhere.

   Y/N'S POV

  I opened the door and caught the knife that was hurling towards my face.

  Deadpool said from across the room,"Sorry, baby. I didn't know it was you. You left your parents at the table?"

  I put down his car keys and the knife before I replied,"No, they pretty much left me at the table by myself. They really don't like you."

  Deadpool chuckled saying,"Who does like me? I didn't think anyone liked me."

  "Wade..."

  He pulled me into his lap and sniffed my hair saying,"Your hair smells nice. That's good, very good."

  I laughed and took off his mask saying,"You're weird, Wilson, but I still love you."

  He closed his eyes and leaned on me saying,"You shouldn't."

  I gently poked his face and he opened his eyes to look at me.

  I said,"I don't regret being with you at all. If I can be honest with you, Wade, they don't like you because you're white. My parents have had bad experiences, but it doesn't mean I'll treat you the same way. They'll come around."

  Wade nodded and sighed saying,"Okay. I just really want them to like me. We're engaged."

  I rested my forehead on his own saying,"I know, Wade, but just give it time. Until then, you just worry about staying alive and coming back to me."

  Wade smiled and hugged me tightly.

  I mumbled,"You're..going..to..hurt me."

  He sighed in content and just held me tighter. I couldn't help but smile, too, and then the doorbell went off.

  I said,"That was fast."

  I nodded to Wade before we both walked to the front door. When I looked through the peephole to see it was my parents, I opened the door.

  Dad was the first to speak and he said,"Y/N, Wade, we were really out of line for how we acted back at dinner. I hope you can come to forgive us. If not today, we completely understand. We were wrong and we have things that we have held on to, but you two have shown us that it's time we try being more positive. Wade, you're a great man-"

  Wade chuckled and I covered his mouth.

  Mom and Dad looked at him confused and then Mom said,"Y/N, we are really sorry, honey. I have seen how much Wade really cares for you, and we want to make it right. If you need anything, help with the wedding or picking your dress, I could help."

  I hugged Mom and Dad saying,"I forgive both of you. I understand, and I'm glad you're trying to move past the things that happened in the past."

  I pulled away from the hug and said,"Wade, what do you have to say?"

  Wade looked at Mom and Dad before he held me saying to them,"I get that terrible things still happen to people that look like you and Y/N, but I'm always going to look out for her. Color doesn't matter and I'm here for her for as long as she'll deal with me. I want both of you to know that you don't have to worry about me doing something to her. I have the best intentions. I promise."

  I smiled and Dad smiled at me before I said,"Why don't you and Mom come in?"

  Mom asked me,"Are you sure?"

  Wade nodded and said,"She's positive. We should try to have dinner again. There's still more than enough time. It would mean a lot to me to talk to both of you."

  Mom and Dad agreed, before Wade and I led them to the dining room table. Dinner did go way better this time.