Jessica Drew x Reader

Dedicated to Puppet198463

Up next: Bucky Barnes x Reader

Later: Tony Stark x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I wasn't going anywhere tonight. I was going to have to call my best friend, Jessica Drew, and tell her that dinner wasn't happening tonight. Every once and a while, we would grab dinner together and just spend hours talking about our crazy lives.
  I reached to grab my phone, but I was too weak to try any harder. I let my hand fall and rolled over to grab my phone. I dialed Jessica's number and waited for her to answer my call. She didn't, and I decided to text her. Before I knew it, I was struggling to stay awake.

   THREE HOURS LATER...

  I opened my eyes, and Jessica was shaking me.

  I pushed her hands away and said,"Jess, stop breaking into my house. I don't care if you're Spider-Woman, I'll call the cops."

  Jessica laughed and went to hug me, but I said,"Don't! I'm pretty sure I'm sick. Get away from me!"

  Jessica leaned on me and said,"I'm staying right here, Y/N. Give me a hug."

  I hugged her and said,"Okay, Jess. If you get sick, then you can't blame it on me."

  As I laid down, Jessica leaned on me again and said to me,"I'm proud of you, Y/N."

  I chuckled saying,"For what? For remembering to text you?"

  Jessica took my hand saying,"For standing up to...him."

  I knew who Jessica was talking about, and she said "him" because of past events I didn't want to remember right now.

  I squeezed her hand saying,"Thanks, Jess. Means everything coming from you. I just hope he stays away from me. I can't-"

  Jessica sent me a reassuring smile as she said,"You're welcome, Y/N. Don't worry about him. You'll be fine."

  I nodded and asked her,"How did you get in?"

  She said,"The front door."

  I said,"I left it unlocked again? I'm never going to learn until someone I don't know walks in here."

  Before Jessica could speak again, I sneezed twice and blew my nose. Jessica made a face and backed away from me.

  I rolled my eyes, before I said,"Jessica, can you just get me some more tissue?"

  Jessica didn't move, and I sniffed saying,"Please, Jess? I love you."

  Jessica got up and brought me some more tissue. I thanked her, before I noticed the cuts on her left hand.

  I asked her,"Long day out there?"

  She nodded and said,"Yeah."

  That was all Jessica said, but I wiped my nose before I admitted to her,"Even though you're you, I get scared that I'm going to lose you out there. You've fought against so many people at this point, but you still get tired like everyone else. Sometimes, I get scared that you're just going to give out and someone will take my best friend...away."

  Jessica wrapped her arms around me and said,"Y/N, it's okay. I get scared, too, that I will lose you, but I'm glad that you're still here now. I do get tired, but I'm not going to give out. No one will take me away from you. I promise."

  I coughed, and Jessica backed away from me again.

  I laughed saying,"Don't you worry, Jess. You're next." 

  "You're going to have to take care of me, Y/N."

  "That's fine. I've been doing it for years now, Jess."