Thanos x Reader

Dedicated to TheRandomKid9

Up next: Shang-Chi x Reader

Later: Thor x Reader

WARNING: This Thanos x Reader contains a reader that's depressed. Please do not read this Thanos x Reader, if it will be too much for you.

   Y/N'S POV

  I was such a terrible person, because I wanted to be that friend that stayed at home instead of just going out with the girls tonight. Even though, I went out with the girls what seemed like every other weekend before Thanos' snap occurred.
  Why couldn't I just stay at home where I was safe and sound? What was the point of going out with people that only wanted me around, so that I could babysit them while they treated me like a child?

  I just sat down on the couch, but I felt another presence suddenly in the room with me.
  I turned around and looked at Thanos. Yes, you read that right. Thanos.

  I asked him,"Are you here to ask me out?"

  Thanos chuckled but said to me,"No. I like you, Y/N, but I don't have time for a relationship."

  I said,"That's fair. You know that everyone hates you, now, right?"

  Thanos walked over to the couch and sat down on the couch beside me.

  I looked up at him, and he said to me,"They'll thank me for this. They'll just have to adjust to this new way of living. They don't have a choice."

  I shook my head and said,"They won't thank you for this. Just trust me on that."

  Thanos asked me,"Are you enjoying this new way of living, Y/N?"

  I looked away from Thanos and said,"It's all right, I guess. Most people that I know are still here, so your snap didn't really do much for me."

  Thanos chuckled and said,"I'm sorry, Y/N."

  I sent him a weak smile, but I asked him,"What have you been up to?"

  Thanos replied,"Nothing."

  I nodded and said,"That was such a good answer. I don't even know how to respond to that answer, honestly."

  Thanos placed his gigantic hand on top of my human-sized hand and said to me,"There's something different about you, Y/N."

  I closed my eyes and said to him,"I changed my wardrobe, yeah. Apparently, my clothes are too tomboyish, and that's a problem when I'm not in the comfort of my own home."

  Thanos said,"You care too much about their opinions, Y/N. You're extraordinary."

  I opened my eyes and told Thanos,"I'm not extraordinary. I'm just basic."

  Thanos just looked at me, yet I moved my hand from underneath his hand and asked him,"How long are you going to continue to bless me with your presence?"

  Thanos answered,"Two hours, Y/N."

  I frowned saying,"That's it?"

  Thanos chuckled and said,"Yes. I'll come back tomorrow to see how you're doing."

  I said,"Okay."

  Thanos rested his hand on top of my hand again and asked me,"Would you like for me to stay here with you tonight?"

  I nodded and said,"Yes. You can just stay until I fall asleep. Thank you."

   TWO HOURS LATER...

  I climbed into my bed, and Thanos sat down in the large chair that sat beside my bed.

  I rested my head on my pillow and admitted to Thanos,"You were right about what you said before. Something's different about me, other than my wardrobe change. Ever since your snap, it's been harder for me to sleep for a decent amount of hours and I'm always upset all the time. I stopped making an effort to go to any social events. I stopped participating in the activities that I normally participated in. I mean, I'm barely making it from one day to the next. Some days, I don't even want to, to be honest. It's just been... tough."

  Thanos looked me in the eyes and said to me,"I'm sorry, Y/N. I am."

  I shook my head and said,"No, it's not necessarily what you did, Thanos. Okay, it is, but it's more of me just having a hard time adjusting to how things work now, that's all. I've always had a hard time adjusting to even the simplest things before what happened happened."

  Thanos looked down, but he asked me,"Would you allow me to help you get through this, Y/N?"

  I nodded as tears formed in my eyes.

  Thanos said to me,"I'll help you, Y/N. Every single day. You have my word. You'll be all right. You'll see the beauty in all of this."