Bucky Barnes x Reader Part 1

Dedicated to justfandomtrash

Up next: Doctor Doom x Reader

Later: Bucky Barnes x Reader Part 2

Inside Info: This request takes place during the MCU film Captain America: The Winter Soldier. For this specific request, the reader was Steve's girlfriend who everyone believed had been killed around the same time as Bucky. Instead of Bucky basically being brainwashed and forced to go on missions or to complete different assassinations for Hydra, Bucky joined Hydra willingly and was never brainwashed.

   Y/N'S POV

  This was weird. This was really weird. How did this museum even get these pictures of me? These moments felt like so long ago, but they didn't feel that way at the same time. I just couldn't explain it. But anyway, most of this information was wrong about me. I couldn't tell them that, though.
  I kind of faked my own death to be with the man that I loved. That man was James Buchanan Barnes. I didn't mean to fall in love with Steve's best friend, but it just happened. I did feel bad for putting Steve through so much pain, but something told me that I would be seeing him very soon.

  As I moved to read the rest of the information that was probably incorrect about my childhood, a little girl pointed to a man standing near the entrance of the museum. It was Bucky.
  I quickly made my way over to Bucky. Once I made it to Bucky, Bucky led me out of the museum and to a more private area outside. Bucky seemed to be a little distracted, but he took my hand.

  He asked me,"What were you doing, Y/N?"

  I admitted to Bucky,"I just wanted to see what had been said about my life. Most of it's wrong, though, which sucks."

  Bucky let go of my hand and said to me,"It doesn't matter what they said or have said about you, Y/N."

  I said to Bucky,"It matters, Buck. It does. What's the point of having pictures of me if the stories associated with them aren't even true?"

  Bucky said,"You have a point, Y/N, but be careful. I don't want to lose you."

  I smiled at Bucky saying,"I'm always careful, Buck, but you'll never lose me. I promise. We're a team."

  Bucky nodded, yet I asked him,"So, what's up?"

  Bucky took my hand again and said to me,"Our next target is close. We should get going."

  I said,"I'm right behind you, Buck. I'm right behind you."

  ......

  As I washed the blood off my hands, Bucky asked me,"Are you all right, Y/N?"

  I nodded and said,"Yes, I'm all right. It's nothing I haven't done several times before. Why?"

  Bucky sat down beside me and looked me in the eyes saying,"You just seemed really nervous about taking that girl's life. Did you know her?"

  I shook my head saying,"No, I didn't know her. I was nervous but not about that. I was nervous about having to talk to you about Steve."

  Bucky asked me,"Why would you be nervous about that, Y/N?"

  I said to Bucky,"I'm not sure. I know how close the two of you were, but I know that you had an encounter with him last night. Did you kill him?"

  Bucky shook his head saying,"No, I didn't kill him."

  I just looked down at my hands as I said to Bucky,"I don't know if I'd be able to kill him, if we were told to kill him. Steve took care of me. He never did anything to me. Even though we're on two completely different sides, I'd feel guilty about taking his life. I still feel guilty about faking my own death while Steve and I were together."

  Bucky said to me,"Y/N, if you wouldn't have faked your own death, we wouldn't have been able to be together. Don't worry about Steve. I'll take care of Steve."

  I asked Bucky,"What do you mean by that, Buck?"

  Bucky just stood to his feet saying,"I have to go, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow."

  Before I could reach for Bucky's hands, he was already gone. I fell back onto my bed and let out a sigh. There was no way that I could take Steve Rogers' life. Maybe if I-
  No, that wouldn't work! I didn't want to upset Bucky by making it seem like I cared more about Steve than him, but I also didn't want to take the man's life who saved mine when he could have easily chosen not to.

  But would I lose Bucky if Bucky was forced to take Steve's life?

  I wasn't prepared for the very moment when I heard Steve say,"Sweetheart?"