Bucky Barnes x Reader

Up next: Logan Howlett x Reader

Later: Erik Lehnsherr x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  As Natasha sat on the edge of my hospital bed, she asked me,"Y/N, do you need anything?"

  "No, Nat, I'm fine. Go home."

  Natasha shook her head, and I could tell she was trying not to cry. It was rare that Natasha ever cried in front of me, but when she did, I knew it was because something was really bothering her. My sickness was what was really bothering her right now.

  Natasha leaned on my side saying,"I don't want to."

  When Steve walked in, he handed me a rose and kissed my cheek saying,"You feeling any better?"

  "No, not really, but you guys shouldn't be here. Don't you have a mission to go on or people to save?"

  Steve said,"Right now, Y/N, we're choosing to be with you. Bucky's trying to find a place to park. Then, he'll come up to see you."

  I sighed, and Steve asked me,"Should we get the doctor?"

  I shook my head saying,"No. I'm okay."

  Steve sadly said,"But you don't look like yourself. We should get the doctor."

  I grabbed his hand and softly said,"Steve.."

  Now, Steve looked like he was about to cry. I was having a hard time keeping it together just seeing what my state was doing to everyone else. It was estimated that I only had a couple of months left, but I felt worse every day. There were some days where it wasn't as bad, and then other days where I literally felt like I wouldn't make it to the next day.

  I squeezed his hand saying,"Rogers, please keep it together. If Captain America starts crying, then I start crying."

  Steve chuckled, before he just nodded. When Bucky walked in, Steve had to pull Natasha out of the room so Bucky could talk to me alone.

  I said,"Hey, I like the outfit. It works for you."

  Bucky smiled at me saying,"Thank you. I haven't seen you since last week."

  I chuckled saying,"I know, Buck. Trust me, I know when you're here and when you're not here. You're too hard to miss. It's the arm."

  I moved over, and Bucky got in beside me.

  He rested his hand under my chin saying,"Is it really the arm or my face, Y/N?"

  "Both. I wish you would come around more, so I wouldn't be here bored out of my mind."

  Bucky laughed saying,"Well, if you did what the doctors asked you to do, you would have more stuff to do."

  "Bucky, be quiet."

  I began to feel sick again, and Bucky asked me,"Am I too close to you?"

  I shook my head and rested my forehead against his forehead saying,"Never. I just don't feel too good."

  Bucky said,"Are you strong, N/N?"

  "Of course I am. Why?"

  "Then, be strong, N/N. You can push through this. This is nothing compared to what you've gone through before. I need you to pull through."

  "I know you need me, Buck, but I'm just so tired."

  Bucky stroked my cheek saying,"And I'm tired of not being able to sleep at night. I'm also tired of being stuck with Steve."

  I laughed saying,"Steve's the best. You don't mean that, Barnes. You two are best friends."

  Bucky replied,"You're my best friend too, Y/N, which is why I need you to do everything you can to get out of this hospital and back home."

  "And what happens if I don't come home?"

  "Then, I'll be sad, Y/N."

  "I don't want you to be sad, Buck. I'll be strong, but you have to be strong too. There are people out there who need you to be you."

  "If you can be strong, then I will be strong too. I promise."

  "Baby, if I escape, do you think you'd be mad?"

  "I'd be very mad, Y/N. You need proper treatment, and you won't get it anywhere else."

  I ran my fingers over Bucky's jaw as I said,"Oo, a mad Winter Soldier! I'm so scared!!"

  I laughed, and Bucky said,"Y/N.."

  "Bucky..."

  "I thought you didn't feel good?"

  "Well, you distracted me, Winter."