Shang-Chi x Reader

Dedicated to wicked_wick

Up next: Thor x Reader

Later: Matt Murdock x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I was lucky. I really was. Not that I wanted to brag or anything, but I have the best husband on the planet! Did I mention that he knew how to kick butt and do cool things with his hands? He was great. He was just great. His name was Shang-Chi, by the way. I don't know how you people felt about him, but he's great.

  "Honey, what are we doing?"

  I turned around and looked at Shang-Chi.

  I just sent him a smile and replied,"I'm just telling everyone how great you are, that's all."

  Shang-Chi looked around the room, then he asked me,"Who's everyone?"

  Shang-Chi intertwined his fingers with my fingers, and I said to him,"Don't act like you don't know, Shang-Chi."

  Shang-Chi chuckled and said,"I really don't know, which is why I just asked you that question, Y/N."

  I smiled at him and said,"Don't worry about it. I'm just crazy."

  Shang-Chi kissed my forehead and said,"You're very crazy, but it's what I really love about you."

  I asked him,"When are we going to start walking together?"

  Shang-Chi said,"Now? Are you busy?"

  I said,"Now works."

  Shang-Chi led me out of our home and towards the large grass area that sat behind our home.

  He said to me,"I'm glad that we decided to move out here. It's far away from everything, but it works at the same time."

  I nodded and said,"It does work. I'd hate to have to worry about knocking a woman's head off because she saw you doing those awesome moves out here."

  Shang-Chi laughed.

  Then, he wrapped his arms around me as we walked saying to me,"Y/N, you're amazing. Also, you're very cute, but you shouldn't have to worry about knocking anyone's head off. It's not an experience that you should have. I don't want you to have to go through that."

  Shang-Chi stopped walking and grew very quiet. He just decided to suddenly take interest in the grass that sat below his shoes. I kept placing kisses on Shang-Chi's lips, until he smiled.

  He rested his forehead against my forehead, then I asked him,"Do you need anything?"

  He closed his eyes and said to me,"No, I'm good. Thank you, Y/N."

  I rested my hands on his face and told him,"Your mother would be very proud of you, Shang-Chi. Your father, too. You're one cool dude."

  Shang-Chi laughed and opened his eyes saying to me,"I am one cool dude, aren't I?"

  I just smiled at him, before we resumed our walk together. Once Shang-Chi and I walked so far that we couldn't even see our home anymore, we just sat down on the rocks that sat in front of a very secluded waterfall.

  Shang-Chi asked me,"Do you ever regret not going back home to your family?"

  I shook my head and admitted to him,"No. My family never really wanted me there to begin with. I was too much of a risk back home."

  Shang-Chi brought my hand up to his lips and placed kisses on my knuckles.

  He said to me,"Well, I'm glad that you decided to marry me and that you're still here with me now. At one point, I was worried that you'd find some dude that was way cooler than me that did absolutely everything right."

  I placed a kiss on his cheek, but I held on for a long time before I pulled away.

  I said to Shang-Chi,"You just don't know how much I adore you. I'm literally your biggest fan. There's no way that I could ever entertain the thought of being with someone else. I really want to be mad at you for even saying what you just said to me, but I understand. I do. I appreciate your honesty, though. Just make sure that I don't hear it again."

  Shang-Chi gave me a kiss and said,"I really adore you, too, but I'm your biggest fan, Y/N. I couldn't imagine being with someone else, too. Like I said earlier, you're amazing, and thank you for not being mad at me. I wouldn't want you to be mad at me."

  I gave Shang-Chi a kiss and squeezed his hand saying,"We should head back now. It's getting cold out here, and I didn't bring my jacket with me."

  Shang-Chi helped me stand up, then he took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders.

  I said,"You're great, Shang-Chi. Just great."

  Shang-Chi nodded and said,"I know. Thank you."