Stephen Strange x Reader

Dedicated to RavenQueen1414

Up next: Logan x Reader x Bucky x Steve

Later: Alex Summers x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  As I sat with my husband, Stephen Strange, at the dinner table, he asked me,"Do you regret it, Y/N?"

  I looked up at him and asked him,"Do I regret what, Strange?"

  Stephen motioned down to my hands and then looked me in the eyes saying,"Do you regret taking that man's life two years ago today?"

  I looked down at my own hands and had trouble closing them as I said to Stephen,"Yes, I do regret it. Even though he would have killed me first if I had declined that fight that day, that's still another person that was added to the long list of people that are no longer here today because of me."

  Stephen asked me,"And how many people are no longer here today because of you, Y/N?"

  I closed my eyes as I admitted to Stephen,"8 people."

  Stephen's hands were holding my own now, which caused me to open my eyes to make sure that it was actually Stephen's hands that were holding my own.

  Stephen kissed my forehead saying,"Y/N, I love you."

  I closed my eyes again saying,"You shouldn't. Just because we have a very powerful connection, Strange, that we can't even explain, it doesn't mean that you're not making a mistake by being married to me or even being around me every single day."

  Stephen wrapped his arms around me and said,"Y/N, you didn't take 8 people's lives. You took one to stay alive after you were taken from your own home and forced to fight one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Those 7 people that you're talking about didn't die because of you."

  I chuckled and shook my head saying,"Stephen, you're wrong. It was 8. I remember every single one of them."

  Stephen shook his head and wrapped his arms tighter around me as he said to me,"N/N, it was only one person and you know this. You just blame yourself for the seven you couldn't help."

  Tears formed in my eyes, but I stood to my feet and said to Stephen,"I could've helped them, Strange. I could've, but I chose not to because I was scared that no one would do the same thing for me. So, I just watched like everyone else. That makes me just as terrible as everyone else that was there that day."

  Stephen stood to his feet and asked me,"May I hold you, Mrs. Strange, or are you going to attack me?"

  I couldn't help but laugh, yet I smiled weakly at Stephen saying,"You may hold me."

  Stephen approached me and just pulled me into his arms, holding me close.

  I said to him,"Why won't you just let me blame myself for things? Why do you always have to be the hero every single day of the week?"

  Stephen said,"Because I don't want to lose you and someone has to be the hero, Mrs. Strange."

  I asked him,"What happens if I don't allow you to be the hero, Dr. Strange?"

  Stephen kissed my ear and said,"Well, you love making things harder for me, Y/N, but I'd figure out a way to get to you. I always do."

  I rested my forehead against his forehead and sighed saying,"I love you, too, Strange, but maybe I'll see what you already see in me one day."

  Stephen sent me a wink and said,"Trust me, Y/N, you'll see. One day."

  I brought my hands up to his face and said,"I want to ask you something, but I'm embarrassed to ask it."

  Stephen said,"You normally ask good questions, so let's hear it. What's your question, Mrs. Strange?"

  I asked Stephen,"Let's say that I wanted to find a way to deal with the guilt that I have over the eight people that are no longer here, do you know anyone that I could trust to talk to about everything?"

  Stephen nodded and said to me,"I know a few people, but it just depends on who you'd feel more comfortable talking to. Maybe we could even talk about it after warming up our dinner that's still sitting on top of the dinner table now?"

  I blushed in embarrassment, but I quickly rushed back to the dinner table saying,"Of course. I'm sorry, Stephen. I wouldn't mind talking about it with you first, but it may not be pretty or the most enjoyable experience to have to look back on years from now."

  Stephen sat down in his seat saying,"No, it's okay, Mrs. Strange. You're my wife. I don't expect it to be anywhere near pretty, but I'll listen to you no matter what you say. I promise."