august 26th

Golden rays of sun poured into the apartment, giving the place a warm hue as the sun danced upon everything it touched. Inside was messy, thanks to the abundance of boxes that lay scattered and stacked around the living room and kitchen, as well as the plethora of plants that covered almost every square in. The green didn't mix with the golden colours of the late afternoon sky, but they would find a way to make it work. Maybe they'd look better in the moonlight, but they'd have to wait until dark to find out.

For the most part, the apartment was silent. Holly laid curled up under the large bay window of the living room, soaking up whatever sun he could get as he snoozed away. But if you listened quietly you could hear them talking, and every so often Jimin's laugh would fill the space, giving it life. Yoongi liked the way his laugh echoed throughout their home.

It felt strange, knowing that almost this time last year, he had moved into his first apartment, and now..he had moved into his second with the man of his dreams. It was a huge upgrade from what either of them were used to - maybe a little too much space. Three bedrooms, and two and a half baths might have been pushing it, but as Noah had put it, "It's a great space for families," and she'd put a great deal of emphasis on the word families. Yoongi felt like she was hitting at something.

They're lying on their bed - which of course, is just a mattress on the floor. Yoongi was too lazy to put the bed frame together and Jimin didn't mind sleeping so low to the floor. Yoongi has Jimin under him as he kisses along his jawline. Jimin closed his eyes and relaxed against the pillows, enjoying the sensation of Yoongi's lips against his skin. This had to be his favourite part about life with Yoongi - just lying in bed while Yoongi's showered him in kisses. It wasn't even sexually, Yoongi just liked to kiss him, and Jimin was content to let him do whatever he wanted. It was soothing.

Yoongi's taking in his features - those soft hazel eyes that resembled the afternoon sun, his soft pink lips that are slightly red from when he had been kissing him only seconds ago. His hair was a soft peachy-orange now; it had been Noah's idea to dye his hair, and she had kidnapped him in order to do it. Yoongi had pouted all day because she stole his boyfriend.

He moves to his neck, nipping gently at the skin behind his ear. Jimin sighed in response. "You're so responsive today," Yoongi mumbled, moving down his chest. His tongue is dancing against the younger's skin, lips ghosting over the ink that covered his side. Yoongi had been equally shocked and turned on when Jimin showed it to him - he didn't think Jimin would ever get another tattoo, but there it was, teasing him whenever Jimin took his shirt off.

They had been near the end of their trip when he finally showed it to him. Yoongi and Jimin had enjoyed their time with Hoseok, Joon and Noah. Jimin had a blast with that road trip and he and Noah were already planning another one for the fall so they could see all the leaves changing colours.

"Can you blame me?" Jimin teased, his stomach tensing slightly as Yoongi's lips found their way to the waistband of his sweats. He wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and rested his head between his thighs. Jimin's hands found their way to Yoongi's hair. "You're too good to me,"

Yoongi laughed, and placed another kiss to his stomach. He could spend hours like this, just kissing Jimin in various areas while holding him in his arms. Jimin played with his hair, pushing it back with his fingers every so often. "Jin said he would come over and help us unpack tomorrow," Jimin whispered as Yoongi's thumb stroked small circles on his hip bone.

"Yeah?"

"Yep, but it won't be until noon ish? He said he had a date or something,"

Yoongi glanced around their shared space. Their bedroom was the biggest - with high ceilings and large windows. Jimin loved the view - they could see the bay from their bedroom, and their first night, Jimin had spent almost all of his time at that window, watching the sun set over the horizon. Yoongi had at first, watched him from a distance, lying on the bed. He had wondered how he'd managed to get so lucky - this boy was his. Jimin was his for as long as he wanted, and he wanted forever. But then he'd moved to sit behind Jimin, and wrapped his arms around him. He'd wanted to watch the sunset too, but he was distracted by Jimin. He'd taken the younger in front of that window that night, reminding Jimin how much he truly loved him, and now Yoongi gets flustered every time he passes by.

But now, they were lying in bed, taking in the golden rays of the sun as they streamed into their room, and Yoongi was still holding Jimin as he rested between the younger's legs. He's tracing his tattoo with his finger when he suddenly remembered something. He pushed himself up and hovered over the younger momentarily. "I wrote you a song," Yoongi admits, turning a little red. "Do you want to listen to it?"

"Yes," Jimin smiles, propping himself up on his elbows. Yoongi's pulling away, then, searching for his computer amongst the chaos of their room. He's a little nervous to show him, but he knows Jimin will love it regardless. It's different from what he usually writes, but then again, anything Yoongi writes about Jimin is a deviation from what he prefers. Jimin kneels on the bed, watching as Yoongi sets the song up on his computer. Yoongi doesn't bother with headphones, and lets the music fill the apartment.

It's softer than what Jimin is used to hearing. He's heard a lot of Yoongi's music over the summer. Noah had CDs of him, Namjoon and Hoseok from their high school years, and he had to admit, they were pretty good. They had a lot of talent, and Jimin had a newfound appreciation for rap music. But this sounded beautiful. He knew Yoongi had put a lot of thought in it because he was singing instead of rapping. Yoongi's voice was soft and low, and it sent chills up his spine. As the chorus came around, Jimin let out a small laugh and gave Yoongi a look.

I think your ears are playing tricks on you

Sweater zipped up to his chin

Thanks for caring, sir, that's nice of you

But I have to go back in

Wish I could tell you about the noise

But I didn't hear a thing

He said it must have been the wind, must have been the wind

Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind.

Jimin is trying not to cry when the song ends, but he can't help the ones that slip down his cheeks. He's gently pushing Yoongi's computer out of the way and crawling into his boyfriend's lap, hugging him close. "Did you like it?" Yoongi questioned, kissing Jimin's shoulder. He's nodding in response, not trusting himself to talk, because he knows that if he does, he'll start crying. Yoongi chuckled, running his hand through his hair. "Why are you crying angel?"

"Cause it's pretty," he replied through his sniffles.

"Oh baby, there's no need to cry," Yoongi whispered, wiping his tears away with the pad of his thumbs.

"But it's pretty," he repeats, wiping away at his own tears too.

"You know what else is pretty?" Yoongi murmurs, kissing Jimin's cheek. "You. You're so absolutely stunning angel,"

"You're pretty handsome yourself," Jimin replied, giggling when Yoongi tackled him against the mattress. His lips are back on his; they feel so soft against his. Jimin tastes like peppermint, and Yoongi craves it. His kiss is needier now, but still gentle and loving. Jimin's hands are back in his hair, and he's tugging softly on the roots. "Will you play it for me again," Jimin whispered against his lips. "Please?" Yoongi nods, and blindly reaches for his computer to press play. It doesn't take long before the music is filling the apartment again, and Yoongi goes back to kissing Jimin.

He could stay like this forever, with Jimin trapped beneath him and the bed so he can kiss him. His song filling their room, it's heaven for him. This is heaven, and he's got his angel, and that's enough for Yoongi.

_____    🍃   _____

END