X

december 15th

;

"Yoongi are you even listening to me?"

Yoongi is in fact not listening to him. He's engrossed in his work - piecing together the final edits of an upcoming song, and it requires the utmost precision and focus, so he spent most of the afternoon toning out Hoseok's voice.

"No, sorry," he apologizes as he removed his headphones, and swivels around in his chair. "What were you saying?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes with a chuckle. He's sprawled out on the small couch that Yoongi managed to squeeze into the small room with all his music equipment. He's quite proud of his work in the small space - he's got his desk setup, complete with all his soundboards, monitors and mic. He's able to create music freely now in his new space, as well as do his work from home. The couch provides a space of comfort so he can sit and write - there wasn't a space for a small table tho. And on the other side of the wall is the smaller shelving unit that he bought to hold all his notebooks, and cds. It too, has yet to fall over, so he's a little more confident in his handiwork.

"I said you should do something about your ghosts," Hoseok stated, and pointed to the ceiling. "They keep breaking things,"

Yoongi frowned. It's been a while since he heard anything. His gaze flickered to the ceiling and no sooner had he done so, the two of them can hear a heavy bang and the sound of a slamming door. Hoseok jumped, a hand quickly flying to his chest.

"Jimin," Yoongi mumbled, still frowning. What on earth was he doing up there?

"Who?" Hoseok questioned.

"My uh...upstairs neighbour-" Yoongi replied, not taking his eyes off the ceiling. The incredibly cute and attractive neighbour of mine that I mentioned to you on the phone a while ago.

"He sure is loud," Hoseok remarked, looking up again.

"Yeah..."

_____   🍃 _____

Yoongi knocked lightly on Jimin's door. Hoseok had left almost an hour ago, but the sounds continued. It almost sounded as if Jimin was rearranging furniture. Things scraped and bumped against the floor above him.

It takes a while before Jimin comes to the door, and he gave Yoongi a very embarrassed smile when he noticed that it was him.

"Was I being too loud?" he asked, before Yoongi even had a chance to open his mouth. He blanked again, because Jimin had the prettiest voice that he'd ever heard. It was inviting and musical in a way. He's also staring at Jimin a little longer than necessary as he took in his appearance. He's wearing the same pair of pajama pants and an oversized white long sleeve. He's got a grey beanie on top of his fluffy hair. He's looks so soft and cuddly Yoongi thinks as he blinks, bringing himself back to reality.

"Yoongi?"

God, I love the way he says my name

"Y-Yes?" he stammered.

"Was I being too loud?" Jimin repeated, looking embarrassed still.

"N-No!" Yoongi assured, waving his hands in front of his face. Again, he's lying, but he really can't bring himself to be mad at Jimin. "I just heard some banging a-and a door slammed so I thought maybe you were hurt or something," he babbled. Yoongi isn't sure where this desire to know whether or not Jimin was okay was coming from. He was normally one to leave people to their own devices, but Jimin lived above him so it was different. "It sounds like you're redecorating in there," he adds with a chuckle.

Jimin turned beat red.

"I um...yeah, I decided to move some stuff around, and the uh wind slammed the door shut. I'm sorry if I was being too loud," he murmured.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine," Yoongi assured, with a smile. "Just be careful okay? I wouldn't want you to get hurt,"

Jimin turned even redder.

"O-Okay..." he nodded. "B-Bye Yoongi,"

_____   🍃 _____

who's ready for a ton of updates today?