II

june 1st

;

"J-Jimin?" Yoongi whispered, and that was all he had to say in order for Jimin to collapse forward into his arms and start crying. Yoongi immediately wrapped his arms around him, catching him before he could hit the ground. His hands are finding their way to the underside of Jimin's thighs and lifting him up. Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck and his legs around his waist. Yoongi kicked his door shut and carried the younger into the bathroom to inspect his injuries. His forehead was bleeding and he seemed to be covered in enough blood to make him worried. But he felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of his chest, and he somewhat breathed easier because Jimin was okay. Taehyung had been right. Jimin came home.

He set Jimin down on the counter in the bathroom, before pulling back out of the hug. He wiped away Jimin's tears before checking him out. "A-Are you okay?" Yoongi stammered. "Where are you hurt, did he hurt you?"

But Jimin can only cry in response.

Yoongi takes in Jimin's appearance. His hair is no longer it's fluffy blonde, it's a pitch black that somehow makes Jimin look even more fragile. He's got a long gash on his arm - sliced open by something, but Yoongi's thankful that it doesn't look deep enough for stitches. He really doesn't want to have to go to the Er because that'll just worry him even more. His white t-shirt is stained red, and has several tears in it. He can see the bruises on his skin from underneath the rips. He can almost make out the bruises around his neck. Yoongi clenched his teeth, but then loosened his jaw. He moves his hand to Jimin's shirt. "Can I take this off?" Yoongi whispered, wiping away a few more tears. "I just want to see if you're bleeding anywhere else,"

"I'm not," Jimin whimpered. "I-"

"I heard the gunshots, please tell me you didn't get shot," Yoongi whispered, his voice cracking slightly as he spoke. He cupped the sides of Jimin's face and pressed his forehead against his. "Please tell me he didn't shoot you, you're okay right?"

"H-He wasn't the o-o-one who fired the gun," Jimin stuttered through his tears. He's looking down at his shirt now, fingers picking at the red stains. "It's not my blood," Jimin whispered. "I didn't mean to, I panicked!" he's crying harder now. "I-It was next to me and I thought he was going to hurt me s-so-"

"You shot the gun?" Yoongi whispered. Jimin nodded.

"I muh-muh-missed the first time and he tried to wrestle me for the gun and I fired it again, and then the next thing I knew there was blood everywhere,"

Yoongi is very relieved that Jimin has not been shot. He's wrapping his arms around him again tightly, and holding him close. "I've got you," Yoongi whispered. "He's not going to hurt you again,"

Jimin is shaking as Yoongi hands him a cup of tea. Jimin won't look him in the eyes, he keeps looking elsewhere and Yoongi can't figure out why. He doesn't move to sit next to him on the couch, he can already sense that Jimin is tense, and he doesn't want to make things words. "I'm sorry," Jimin whispered after a long time of silence. "I didn't mean for this to happen,"

"For what to happen?" Yoongi questioned.

"I didn't mean to get attached to you," he admitted quietly. "I couldn't help it though...you...you messed with my head,"

"I messed with your head?"

"You were nice to me. I know you were angry about the noises - when you first moved in. I could tell by the way you slammed the door behind you and stomped up the steps. I could hear you muttering under your breath, and then it was obvious that you were trying to hide the fact when you saw me. I wasn't what you were expecting were you?"

"No," Yoongi admitted. "I was imagining someone else,"

"I was taken back by your concern. It made me nervous...and then when you apologized to me, it only confused me more. I didn't understand why you were being so nice to me when I kept being loud. Well..it wasn't my fault but...you know what I mean. And so I wanted to try and get to know you...I wanted to know what your motives were, why you were being so nice to me, but then I got attached to you because you didn't treat me the way he did a-and...I didn't want to hurt you," Jimin explained, rubbing his eyes. "You didn't treat me like I was a toy, and I liked that. I felt like a real human around you,"

"You're not a toy Jimin. You're a person, and you deserve to be treated like one," Yoongi explained in a firm tone. "That idiot isn't worth it,"

"I know that!" Jimin cried, suddenly frustrated. "I know he's not worth it okay! I figured that out a long time ago, but no matter how hard I tried to get rid of him he kept coming back and telling me that he cared about me and that it was an accident. He said he wasn't going to do it again, and I knew I was being stupid by giving him one chance after the other, but it was easier than saying no because if I just kept quiet and acted the way he wanted he wouldn't hurt me!"

"I know, angel, I know," Yoongi said, hoping to calm Jimin down. He took a step forward and held his hands out.

"How do you know?" Jimin pouted.

"Because I overheard the two of you shouting a couple months ago. I know that he's your ex. I know that he's cheated on you and that he doesn't care about you. A-And then when you went missing, I ran into Taehyung and asked about you. I was so worried that I upset you after that night, but he told me about him. I knew something was wrong when you kept showing up with those bruises. And I felt so stupid for not seeing it sooner-"

"It's not your fault," Jimin whispered, standing up.

"I was angry too, because I couldn't figure out w-why you kept letting him back into your life when you knew he was going to hurt you, or why your friends hadn't done something, but Taehyung said that you guys had already tried everything. I was angry with myself because I didn't do or say anything to you, but I didn't want to scare you away or hurt you-"

"You could never hurt me Yoongi," Jimin whispered. "It's my fault. I'm not strong enough to fight back. I didn't want to let him in b-but he's manipulative and he knows what to say to me to make me think that he still loves me and-"

"That's not love Jimin,"

"I know it isn't! I'm stupid okay Yoongi!" Jimin shouted at him through his tears. He's shaking, and part of Yoongi can't take him seriously because he's dressed in one of his sweaters. Jimin's running a hand through his hair. "But I didn't know what else to do okay! I know it's not love but I don't even know what love is anymore-"

"I love you!" Yoongi shouted back at him.

"And I love you too!"

They're both standing there then, staring at each other. It's out in the open now, there's no turning back now. Yoongi holds his arms out, and Jimin doesn't hesitate to run into them. He's still crying as Yoongi pressed soft kisses to his forehead. It felt good to say it. Yoongi feels a lot better now that it's out in the open. And he feels better now that Jimin is back home and in his arms. "I love you," Yoongi repeated in a much softer tone. He cards his fingers through Jimin's hair. "And I'm not going to let anything happen to you,"

"What if he comes back?" Jimin whispered.

"Then we'll call the cops and we'll get a restraining order - done properly this time." Yoongi tells him. "He's not coming within a hundred feet of you ever again,"

"I'm sorry for leaving," Jimin whispered. "He said he was going to hurt you, and I couldn't let that happen,"

"I'm a big boy, Jimin, I can handle him,"

"But I don't want him to come near you. I don't care how strong you are, I'm not losing you,"

"You won't. I'm not going anywhere. I'm still here aren't I?"

"Will you say it again? Please?"

"I'll say it as much as you want me to," Yoongi whispered, kissing the top of his head. He cupped Jimin's face and kissed his cheeks. "I-" he kissed the tip of his nose, "-love-" and finally kissed his lips. "-you,"

Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck and pulled him closer. "And I love you,"