XVII

december 25th

;

Yoongi could barely see out his window in the morning. It had been snowing constantly the past few days, covering the ground in a soft white blanket. He hadn't seen this much snow in a long time. It kept coming down in large, white flakes. It didn't look nearly as pretty outside as it did at his parents house. It wasn't like the usual winter wonderland that he was used to, and it almost made him sad to know that this is what his apartment looked like in the winter. There wasn't much to see - just an empty and sad looking parking lot, with only one or two cars actually parked there. The streetlights gave off an ugly yellow glow that reminded him of the ones you see outside of a gas station, but much, much dimmer. Of course, that was to be expected when you lived in a remodeled motel. The view wasn't going to be five star. It wasn't like the backyard was any better. There was a face that boxed in the property, meaning all he had to look at was a large stretch of grass and a brown fence buried in snow. He hoped that maybe it would look better in the summer.

He poured himself a cup of coffee, and downed it in seconds, not caring that it was too hot and that it scalded his tongue. He was supposed to be at Namjoon's house for Christmas breakfast, and he wouldn't hear the end of it from Noah if he was late. He grimaced as he peaked out the window. He really hoped the snow would die down a bit. He was wary to drive in this kind of weather, but he really didn't want to take the bus. It was always cold on the bus, and Yoongi hated the cold.

Making his way back to his room, he let out a loud yawn. He hadn't gotten much sleep during the night. Inspiration had struck for a new song, and he had spent hours trying to perfect it. When he eventually crawled into bed, he stayed awake for a very long time, listening quietly to the silence. It worried him when everything was quiet.

It's still quiet when he exited his bedroom, and he's still feeling a little uneasy, but at least he doesn't have to worry about the weather. The blizzard that had been swirling around outside had finally died down to the point where he could see the convenience store and gas station across the street. There's still a heavy snowfall, and it does worry him slightly, but he figures he'll manage. Hopefully there's no ice hidden under the snow. He doesn't want to risk an accident.

"You be good now," He called out to Holly as he laced up his boots. Holly's head lifted slightly off his paws. He barked out a response and Yoongi chuckled. "Merry Christmas to you too," he grinned.

He donned his coat, picked up the large gift bag that rested by the door, and stepped out into the winter. He shivered as a gust of wind swirled around him. Snowflakes kissed his skin with frozen lips and nestled in his hair. He placed the gift bag in the passenger seat of his car, and quickly jumped into the driver's side, shutting the door behind him.

He switched on the heat, and shoved his hands in front of the heater. Warm air trickled out much too slowly for his liking, but he couldn't afford to have it fixed right now, so it would have to do. As he sat in his car, waiting for the heat to come on, Yoongi's gaze flickered upwards to Jimin's apartment. The curtains are drawn and he can't see any lights on.

He wonders what Jimin is up to this Christmas.