LVII

april 1st

;

Yoongi finally learns the truth on the first of April. And he thought long and hard about whether or not it was a sick April Fool's day joke.

He can finally sit outside in the backyard - the snow melted away now, and it's raining lightly as he dragged a lawn chair outside onto the concrete slab that separated him from the grass. It's still cold out though, so he's bundled up in warm socks, sweats and a heavy sweater. He's got a large cup of coffee in his hands. He's soaking up the fresh air, not wanting to wait any longer for warm weather.

The air smells salty from the rain, and the sound of it lightly hitting the ground and the fence around him is calming. Part of him wants to bring out his computer and record the sound so he can layer it over a song to see how it sounds, but Yoongi isn't like those people in the center of the city who never stop. No, he's going to sit here under the shade of the balcony above and listen to the sounds of the rain, because every now and then you should stop and relax.

He's almost on the verge of passing out in his chair because of how relaxed he feels when he hears a screen door sliding open and someone shouting. It startled him into an upright position and he almost dropped his mug. "What the fuck," he hissed.

There's the sound of something heavy shattering, followed by crying. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"My problem! You're the one who's getting angry at me for no reason!"

Yoongi doesn't recognize the first male's voice. It's heavy and deep, and downright cruel. He can hear the anger and malice laced in his words.

The second voice is Jimin's.

"No reason!? Oh I'm just supposed to think you slutting around is not a big deal then!"

"Slutting around?!" Jimin sounds as surprised as Yoongi looks. He's staring up at the underside of the balcony wondering what the hell is happening in Jimin's apartment right now. "Is that what you think I'm doing? I'm the one who's SLUTTING AROUND? HOW ABOUT WE TALK ABOUT THAT GIRL YOU BROUGHT BACK TO MY APARTMENT SEOK? OR THAT BOY FROM THE SHOP THAT I CAUGHT YOU FUCKING IN THE BACKSEAT OF YOUR CAR? OR-"

Jimin doesn't get another word in because Yoongi can hear the sound of someone - most likely Jimin - getting slapped.

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me or I'll do more than slap you-"

"Don't tell me what to do you're not my boyfriend!"

Boyfriend? Yoongi is confused. Jimin has a boyfriend? Well apparently not by the way they're shouting at one another.

"What did you say to me?" The second voice sounds harsher than ever. "What did you fucking-"

"You're not my boyfriend anymore Jiseok-" Jimin's trying to be confident, but Yoongi can tell he's speaking through his tears. His voice cracks and betrays him the whole time. "You-You haven't been my boyfriend for a while and you know that! Stop pretending that you are. You don't love me, you don't care about me and you keep fucking other people because you can't keep it in your pants!"

And then Jimin is screaming, and Yoongi Jumps up out of his chair. He doesn't care about his mug crashing to the ground, and he doesn't care if they can hear him. He wants to call out Jimin's name but he's so paralyzed by fear that he can only stand there and listen to everything unfold from above him.

"Let go of me!"

Yoongi can hear the screen door open again, and he's running back inside his own room to try and follow the sounds of their footsteps. They don't make it any further than the bedroom though, and the last thing Yoongi hears is the sound of a slamming door before everything falls silent.