I wouldn't want one night's event describe our future.

I've never wanted someone's presence in my life as I want Ariel's.

Something about her keeps me intrigued.

Something about her makes me circle back at her.

It might be the fact that, the woman can fight a hundred battles and still find a reason to smile over the smallest things.

Or it might be how she thinks it's more important to be a part of something than winning or loosing.

Or it might be that she can walk into a room and make everybody fall at their knees for her with just a flash of that lovely smile and tilting her head ever so slightly.

Or maybe that the pasta she makes, tastes like it just dropped from heaven-

"I almost burned the peppers." Ariel complained as she placed the ceramic bowl containing three more stuffed bell peppers on the centre of the circular table.

"The oven is too tricky, I swear." She sighed putting off the bright yellow oven mitts on the table.

Ariel had put her black silken blouse with her skirt after our lascivious activities in the bedroom.

Her ombre pink hair was pulled up in a bun on top of her head and she looked somewhat content of her achievement in the kitchen.

"What?" She smiled while our eyes met.

She knew that I was watching her.

And I knew she loved it when I watched but she made a damn good show about acting oblivious.

"What?" I asked back, my tone mirroring her, content. Playful. Relaxed.

"You're staring." She voiced with a smile lingering on the corner of her mouth as she filled the water goblets with iced water from the jug.

"So are you." I retorted unfolding my napkin over my lap.

She shook her bead putting another of the red stuffed pepper on my already filled plate.

"Eat." She urged gently. "I think I went a little bit cheap in the oil."

She didn't go cheap on the oil.

The pepper was perfect so was the the pasta and everything in between.

The food, the holding hand while we ate, the occasional exchange of looks that made her shake her head and smile gently at the same time.

"Do you want coffee?" She asked putting her napkin beside the plate, indicating the end of her meal.

Nodding I got up from the chair, to make myself useful.

"I'll get it." I say placing a kiss on her mouth feeling her smile against me.

"Okay." She whispers against my mouth, before I turn back walking inside the house to get my café espresso.

Crossing through the length of the pool room and living room rounding toward the kitchen I put the grounded coffee in the machine and wait for my two espresso shots.

Outside in the back garden of the house, Ariel sits on the grass covered soil cross legged with the tiny little mutt of hers on her lap.

That's one lazy dog. I think mentally as I make my way toward the pair of them.

"Hi." Ariel smiles as I sit beside her on the grass.

"Why, hello." I smile placing a kiss in her mouth. "How do you feel?" I ask.