Prologue

How can we not talk about      family, when family's all we got!Everything I went through you were standing there by my side

Everything I went through you were standing there by my side.
And now you gone be with me for the last ride.
|Charlie Puth ft Wiz Khalifa-See you again

Writer's POV

Pulling up infront of the building of Safehaven Shelter for the Homeless. Kwame beeped his car horn whilst sending a text via message to his wife to let her know that he just arrived outside her place of work. Checking the time he saw that she still had two-minutes remaining on her shift to clock out.

Tapping his fingers against the steering wheel he sighed whilst checking out his surroundings, something he always had an habit of doing. It was like a second nature for him to always observed his surroundings everytime he goes somewhere, no matter how familiar he was in places, he was always on the look out. Call him paranoid, but he had his reasons.

And with the shelter being located in the west side of town he didn't like it one bit, since it was a long driving distance away from where they live. Maybe it takes an hour or the least to get there, but he just wanted to be able to reach her as fast as he could if she's in any type of danger.

Nonetheless he'd never tell her to quit her job because of how worrisome he was. He knew how much her job meant to her, and saw how happy it made her feel to know that she could help out the less fortunate.

Getting impatient he decided to send her another text message, but a knock on the passenger window got his attention. Looking up he saw it was her an unlock the door.

"Hey my love" Juana said in her heavy accent leaning over to smooch on her husband.

Deciding to play with her, he dodged her loving and scrunched his face up making her look at him like he was crazy "Nah uh ma...back up a little, I gotta wife" he said wiggling his finger in her face showing off his wedding band.

Rolling her eyes because she was just two-seconds away from slapping him upside his head for rejecting her for no apparent reason. Juana shook her head and smile internally to herself, very amused at her husband and his antics, if there was anyone she could rely on to cheer her up from having a hard day at work with rowdy individuals- it would be her husband. It was never a dull moment with him in her life and she loved him for that, pursing her lips she decided to play along with him.

"You so fine papí...I didn't even notice" she said giving him seductive look whilst rubbing her hands up and down his shoulders.

Getting a little excited that she was matching his vibe, he tried to keep a straight face before he could continue, "Yo watch out....rubbing on me and shit, I'ma call my baby and let her beat yo mexican ass" he retorted batting her hands off his shoulders.

Laughing at his foolishness Juana shook her head "You better keep that same energy for when these la puta make passes at you" she said looking over at him.