You replied.

"We have one hour to retrieve what was stolen from the Black Lake."

Your jaw dropped.

"So you have to be able to breath under water for an hour, and be able to defend yourself."

You determined. Hermione nodded grimly. 

"I'll stay here and help you all figure something out."

"Really?!"

Harry seemed shocked.

"Of course. I don't need you to die after from a bloody tournament."

You smiled and sat down next to Hermione. The four of you worked until it was late. Fred, George, and Lee walked into the library.

"Y/n/n, can you help us plan this prank?"

George asked.

"I'd love to help you boys, but I'm trying to help this one figure out the task for tomorrow."

You pointed to Harry, who looked embarrassed. 

"We'll wait up for you in case you get back early."

Fred said.

"Sounds good."

You smiled, and Fred returned the smile. The three pranksters left the library. You wanted nothing more than to go with them. To go be with Fred. You knew you made a commitment to help Harry, so you turned back to your books. You were looking through some charms books.

"How are there no charms to help a wizard breathe under water?!"

You fumed, closing the book. The trio shrugged, still looking for answers. After what felt like an eternity later, Professor McGonagall walked up to your group, who was stationed at a table. There were piles and piles of books towering over you all as you worked. No one noticed the professor until she cleared her throat. 

"Excuse me."

You looked up to see the professor. 

"I need to borrow Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger."

Harry looked nervously at Hermione and Ron. The two stood up and followed the professor out of the library.

"And then there were two."

Harry grunted miserably. 

"We'll keep working and wait for them to get back. Curfew is soon anyways."

Harry nodded. You kept looking through books until your brain felt fried. You looked at a clock that was hanging on the wall. 

"We should grab the books we need and head back to the common room."

"Here, hand me some of the books you're done with."

Harry grabbed some books. You picked up the rest of them and walked to put them back. You and Harry ended up in the same section. Neville walked up to a shelf on your left, putting some books away.

"Oh hey! That's a really good book, but if you're looking for more practical knowledge you should read this one."

Neville pointed to a book on the shelf. You opened your mouth to say something, but Harry beat you too it.

"Unless one of those plants can help me breathe for one hour under water, I don't really care."

You elbowed Harry for being rude.

"There is a plant for that, actually."

Your eyes shot to Neville.

"Well what is it?! Spit it out!"