Chapter 22:

Aphmau's POV

After the flash of light I found myself it a white void with Laurance laying on the ground. I looked to the left and saw Garroth and Katelyn unfrozen.

"Garroth! Katelyn!", I said running up to them.

"Aphmau? What are we doing here.", Garroth asked.

I told them that I thought this was a pocket dimension that we could have the fight in without have Shad back up Laurance.

"Well, it looks like the fight is getting back up." Katelyn said taking a fighting stance.

Laurance got up and swung his sword at me, trying to impale me.

"Laurance! I know you're still in there, fight it!"

"Shut up Aphmau! You don't know anything! You're only saying that so I don't tear you shreds", he yelled back at me.

"In your dreams Laurance, when have you ever been able to knock me down when sparing.", Katelyn said but then Laurance knocked her down by kicking her in the stomach.

"Tsk. Tsk. You shouldn't be taunting the one with the sword to your neck. I thought you would have been more careful with death..., seeing as what happened to Jeffory.", Laurance smirked with that Katelyn pushed his away for her and got ready to strike at him again

I blocked many of his attacks with my sword and flew up away from him when I could. I was hard for the three of us to get near to him for a while. He was a lot better a fighting as shadow knight than when he was in his human form. Laurance struck again Katelyn in the arm making her fall to the ground.

"Katelyn!"

"Aphmau, I'm..., okay.", she said before he stabbed her in the stomach.

"Yep, your definitely okay Lady Katelyn.", Laurance mocked her, in a creepy voice as he drew his sword out from her stomach.

"AHHH!", she kicked him away from her.

He fell to the ground with a thud.

"Laurance, please! Snap out of it!", I say furiously with my sword to his neck while Garroth is helping Katelyn.

He kicked me away from him, grabbed his sword and attempted to slash at me, but Garroth block the attack with his sword.

"Laurance! Stop it!"

"Get out of my way Garroth!"

"No, I won't let you hurt her. Laurance you loved her!"

"Key word 'loved'. No get out of my way or else I'll kill you too!"

While the two fought I ran to Katelyn to heal her. After I did out of the corner of my eye I saw Laurance knock Garroth down.

"Garroth!", I yelled as I ran toward them.

"Aph! Wait!", Katelyn shouted. I ran in front of Laurance's blade in return getting cut in the chest.

"APHMAU!", Garroth and Katelyn screamed as I fell backwards. I saw Laurance's eyes change back to blue when he heard Katelyn and Garroth scream. Then all I saw was darkness.

"Ha, Ha Haa, I'm guessing that Laurance actually was able to kill you. Like I said Irene, you would die."

"No! I'm not going to until I know Laurance is out of your control!", I shouted back to Shad.

"Good luck you daughter of a-"

"Shad!", I heard Irene's voice, "You have caused enough pain to everyone!"

"And what are you going to do about it Irene?"

"This", she grabbed his hand and he disappeared to Irene knows were. "Aphmau, you need to go back to help Laurance. Esmund and I will deal with Shad.

*Gasp! * "Aphmau!", I heard Garroth say, "You're alive thank Irene!", he said hugging me. It felt so nice to hear him sound so concerned and hug me again. I check myself and saw that my injuries were healed.

Wait! "Garroth! Is Laurance okay!?", I asked quickly.

"Umm, define okay."

"Is he still ALIVE!?"

"Yes Aphmau, just unconscious", Katelyn said, "after he sliced you he fainted".

"More like you tried to kill him instead accidentally knocked him out cold, after he clearly was already going to faint.", Garroth mumbled.

I then saw us fading into the white back to our own dimension.