Chapter 11: Trespassing

Katelyn's POV

After Laurance went up to the deck to greet everyone I decided to do some snooping. Yes, I know I shouldn't go through other's things but, if it's just a reading book he shouldn't mind. I picked up the book out of the bag checking once again if the coast was clear. I then looked at the cover of the book, it read "Secrets of the Underworld", okay then? I opened up the book only to see things about Shadow Knights, Shad and the Nether in general - I could tell by looking at pictures since I couldn't read the language. What in the hell? Why is he keeping this a secret from us? I then heard someone coming down the stairs. I quickly put the book in his bag and went over to my bed and pretended to be unpacking. The person who came down was Laurance.

He walked over to his bed, looked and the bag and book then at me. He narrowed his eyes at me not saying a word. I had no idea what he was thinking but seeing the expression on his face most likely he thinks I'm up to something. Oh Irene pls don't let him- My thoughts were cut off by Laurance speaking.

"Why were you going through my things?" Oh my Irene, I just asked you not to make him ask me that!

"What are you talking about? I didn't go through your stuff.", I said as calm as possible, but unfortunately as good as my acting was Laurance saw through it.

"Katelyn, I know you went through my bag.", I sound like he was trying his best not to snap and me.

"Well, if I did why is it such a big deal then?", I asked him.

"It's my stuff Katelyn! Why where you going through my bag?!"

"Seriously Laurance! I was just curious and wanted to see what I was about! I couldn't read it anyway!"

"Katelyn just stay out of my stuff okay!", I could see his eyes changing from blue to red constantly.

"Okay Laurance! Just calm down!"

"Don't tell me to calm down Katelyn!", he shouted back.

"Ugh, Fine I'm sorry Laurance! Are you happy now?!"

"Hmph, fine Katelyn. Just keep your nose out of things that don't concern you.", he said walking out of the room with the bag on his back. Phew! That was very unlike Laurance to snap at people. He was right though; I shouldn't have done that. Maybe that is just how he learns what he is, like Vylad said.

Aphmau then came down a few minutes after. "Katelyn?"

"Oh hey Aph! What's wrong?"

"Is everything with Laurance and you okay? He came from down here pretty upset about something."

I told her about what happened and I honestly thought she was going to slap me upside my head for snooping but she didn't.

"Oh, that book. Well, I kinda..., snooped through that book also...", she said twiddling with her fingers.

"Aphmau!"

"Katelyn I know but...,", she hesitated for a moment, "Katelyn, if Laurance needs his space we need to respect that. This is pretty much just as bad as when we went through Nicole's diary."

"You're right Aphmau." I then started to feel the ship moving. I guess where on our way to Tul'la.

Aphmau's POV

After talking with Katelyn I went up the deck to check on Laurance and Garroth. I saw Garroth first and went towards him. "Hey Aph.", he said as I stood beside him on the side of the ship. "So, why was Laurance so upset earlier?". He asked me.

"Well, Katelyn just went through some private things.", I then decide that it would be the right time to tell Garroth about the book.

"Oh, I see. Well we should be at Tul'la in about two days so get comfy!" I really like this side of Garroth. He's a bit more care-free and not as nervous accept about relationships. Irene what am I saying! I don't have time for relationships myself not after... No not now. I found Laurance on the other side of the ship leaning forward on the railing.

"Hey Laurance." I said. He didn't answer me, he just looked down into the ocean. "Is everything okay?", I asked knowing that he probably wouldn't answer.

"Yeah, I guess. It's nothing."

"Okay then. You know if anything is bothering you, you can tell me. I'm here for you.", I told him. I looked at me then looked back at the ocean; I could have sworn I saw his eyes turn into a shade of red for a second.

"Yeah sure. Just like you were there for me in the Nether, when you left me to die.", he whispered the last part but I still heard.

It hurt when he said that. He looked up and saw my hurt expression.

"Aph..."

"I-it's okay Laurance."

"I-", he couldn't finish the sentence. I knew deep down a part of him did think that. We parted ways and went to bed not talking at all.

******Time skip two days on the skip******

Aphmau's POV

Finally! After two day of sailing we are just a few miles from Tul'la! Hopefully, we'll find something here. We have only been on the ship for a short time we had become restless. Mostly Katelyn though, and it was even worse with me patronizing her, Travis' flirting and her sea sickness.

As we docked of the ship at a few miles away from a village, Lucinda reminded us that we are in Tul'la's territory now so be on our guard. We walked of in two groups. Laurance, Garroth and I, then Lucinda, Travis and Katelyn. I feel so sorry for those two girls. We walked around the town looking for anything that could help us. We eventually found a library. When we walked in Garroth asked if they had any books on the Divine Warriors specifically Menphia.

"Yes we do, it's not a lot though. Its just over there.", the blonde meif'wa pointed.

"Thank-you", I told her.

About two hours of searching we found only a little bit about Menphia. I looked over to Laurance and when our gaze met he looked back down. I know he left sorry for the other day. I can't imagine how it feels to have to suppress any negative emotions or have to give up any of your positive ones. We walked out of the Library to find the others at the local tavern. The ladies slept in one room while the men the other. Everyone else went to bed except me I couldn't sleep for some reason. Maybe its because we where in Tul'la's domain. I heard a door open from the other room and peeped out to see Laurance sneaking out. Well, I could either try to go to sleep and hopefully see Irene and get some information or follow Laurance and see if he is ok. Well, the answer is obvious... sleep!

Just kidding I'm gonna follow Laurance and see what's wrong!