Chapter 4: The Voice In My Mind

Laurance's POV

I woke up and got ready for the day I was to have. My mind went all over the place. Who was that inside of my head? The voice felt familiar but yet strange. And why did I feel uncomfortable at that place we were at yesterday? So many questions raced into my head. I went outside and waited for Garroth and Aphmau to arrive. Every time when I have nothing distracting me my mind keeps thinking about the Nether.

"Just one person Laurance. Just kill one person you care about and you'll have immortality."

*Sigh* Who in the Nether could that person be who's talking to me?

"Come on Laurance, don't you think it's a bit boring around here? Let's have some action. Maybe kill Ap-"

"Listen I don't know who you are or what you want, but I'm never hurting Aphmau!", I answered in my head.

"Never say 'never'", The voice faded.

I then felt a finger tap my shoulder and I turned around to see Aph.

"Hey Laurance, when we didn't see you at our door I knew you would be here waiting for us.", she greeted me.

"HeY APh, Garroth. How was your sleep?", Oh crap! I accidentally talked with my demonic voice again! Luckily, I realised that before I continued with my sentence.

Aphmau's POV

What in the name of Irene? Did Laurance talk in his demonic voice again? I should ask Vylad about this maybe. "It was alright thanks, and I hope yours was okay?", I responded.

"Yeah it was okay. Umm, Shall we get going?"

"Yes we shall."

We got to the building and that same feeling rushed over me. This time Laurance came in but was still uneasy. We walked up to the pedestal and Garroth and I both touched the symbols and instead of fainting out of the corner of my eye I saw Garroth vanishing and then there was a bright light.

Laurance's POV

As we walked into the building I left even more uneasy than when I was standing outside. My head ached more and more each time I walked in further Garroth and Aphmau touched the symbols and I saw them disappear slowly. I walked away from those pedestals and headed outside and sat under a tree. There the headache finally left.

"Hello again."

"You again, seriously!", I responded, it was that stupid voice again.

"Yes its me again. Can I just ask a question?"

"What?", I said with annoyance at his question.

"How many times have you confessed your love for Aphmau?", he asked.

I didn't respond but thinking on the answer didn't help either. I knew what he was going to say.

"A lot I assume. And has she ever showed the same for you?"

I didn't answer for a while, "Can we not talk about this?"

"Fine then. What was the most wonderful feeling you ever felt? Was it when you killed all of those innocent werewolves? When you were holding Travis' neck choking him when you first got to the Island? Or was it when-"

"JUST STOP! SHUT THE HELL UP!", I said punching the tree, causing my hand to bleed.

"Be careful now Laurance, we don't want you to hurt yourself. If you don't want to talk to me you can talk to Sasha."

"I would gladly take anything over being stuck with your voice in my head!"

"Do you still not know me Laurance?"

"No I don't, and I don't want to know.", I said coldly. "Now can you shut up before you make me die and go to hell?"

"Isn't that where your home is?"

"What?", I questioned.

"You're a Shadow Knight are you not? You belong in the Nether."

"N-no. M-my place is h-here."

"You expect me to believe that you couldn't even say that without hesitation."

Why am I stuck with this in my head!? My mind then went again to the nether, and dark thoughts that I wished I never had. I looked down at my hand which was still bleeding. Aphmau, Garroth, please hurry up and get back.

Hola! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I wonder who that voice could possibly be? Next chapter should be coming out on Sunday hopefully and maybe we might get some answers.
Chao~ AstridTJC