Chapter 3: The Voice in the Shadows

Laurance's POV

"Laurance!", I looked up and saw Katelyn running up to me. I had been in the campsite waiting for news on Aph and Garroth's condition and group dinner so I suspected that they finally woke up.

"Hey Katelyn.", I said as I stood up.

"Aph and Garroth have woken up!", she yelled to me.

"Really? I'll check up on them later, they might want to rest first."

"You aren't even going to ask what they told me or asking?", she asked me.

"Umm...,", oh shoot, she is obviously going to get curious, "Oops sorry it didn't really pop into my head I was going to ask them when I see them myself."

"Well, I'm going to tell you anyway...", she trailed off.

"So are you going to tell me or?"

"Oh yeah..., so when then touched it they saw Irene and Esmund and asked for their help in controlling their relics.", She told me after hesitating for a bit. Why? Soon after I decided to go on a walk while I waited the remaining hours for dinner.

"Why do you still care? Isn't she the reason you became a Shadow Knight in the first place? Didn't she leave you?", what in the Mother of Irene, who was that? I mean it didn't sound like me so...

"Who's there?", I asked.

"Hmm..., Oh no one, just someone who's hear to talk sense into you. I'm actually surprised that you don't know who I am, after all don't all Shadow Knights know. But you'll find out in good time."

"What are you talking about? I demand to know who are!"

"*Sigh* Well, I've come to expect this from a premature and one who refuses to answer the calling."

"Wait, what? How do you know me?"

"You'll find out soon enough, oh look your little friend is coming, the one who left you for dead in the Nether..., Irene.", he silently growled the last part, "I'll see you very soon." I looked behind me to see Aphmau walking pass looking a bit distracted.

Aphmau's POV

I walked through the forest reviewing to myself what I saw earlier today. I looked around and saw Laurance. "Hey Laurance.", He must have seen me before I did because he was already walking towards me.

"HeY APh.", hmm? His voice sounded a bit disoriented like a cross between his demonic and human. Before I could question him on this his voice sounded normal again as if on cue to make sure everything is normal. "How are you feeling?", he asked me.

"Well, I guess a bit of almost everything.", I told him.

"Yeah, Katelyn told me, about you and Garroth...", he trailed off. I hope Katelyn didn't tell him everything.

"Everything okay?", I asked him. I wish that I would just wish that he would tell someone what was going on instead of us just assuming or someone else telling us. No one else but Garroth, Katelyn, Vylad and I know about the calling affecting Laurance but he should tell someone before something happens.

He hesitated to answer at first but then told me he was ok, "Are you sure Laur-"

"I'M FINE APHMAU! S-sorry. We should probably get back, its getting late and it should be time for dinner."

"Y-yeah.", I replied still shocked at his reaction. At least it wasn't hard finding him unlike before when he would go out for days.

After eating I went to the beach to relax. *Sigh* Everything's going so fast. Has Irene or Esmund ever had to feel this way, the way I'm feeling, like I can't do enough. I then heard someone behind me so I turned around, it was Garroth. "Hey Garroth.", I called to him.

"Hello Lady Aphmau."

"Garroth I told you already you don't have to call me that, we're friends."

"Oh sorry, it slips out sometimes.", he apologised while laughing a bit, I did so too. I pated the ground beside me to signal him to sit down and he did.

"Are you still thinking about it?"

"Yeah, two things actually.", I sighed.

"Huh?"

"Has Laurance seemed distant to you lately?", I asked.

"Yes, he has I suppose. Why?"

"No reason. It just feels weird for him not to be flirting as much or at all anymore."

"Wait you miss him flirting!?"

"Relax Garroth, it's nothing like that. It just feels odd. That's all."

"Oh, okay then."

We sat in silence for awhile until Garroth broke it, "Aphmau do you have any plans for tomorrow?", He asked me. I thought for a while then I told him I didn't. "Well," he began, "I'm going back to the Divine Hall for some more answers if you want you could come.", hey, that was actually a good idea, so I agreed. Tomorrow we would go back to that building, with the escort of maybe Laurance or Katelyn.

I don't know if we'll faint again or that was just because it was the first time going there. Maybe it will be like when I went to see Garroth and our bodies disappear, I'm not sure but just to be safe, Garroth and I went to see if Katelyn and Laurance would accompany us. We found Katelyn easily, she was with Dmitri talking to him and Travis was flirting with her. She said that she had training with him tomorrow and couldn't come. Before we left she punch Travis so hard he knocked out. We then went to find Laurance and that was a little harder. We found him eventually after a few minutes and asked him.

"You don't have to if you don't want to Laurance, we'll be fine on our own.", Garroth told him.

"No, it's ok Garroth. Sure I'll come, seeing as you'll be leaving after breakfast I'll be going to bed. Bye.", he said walking off.

Garroth and I did the same and retreated to rest. Seeing as that Garroth's house was not yet built he came with me to sleep in the guest bedroom. I laid Lilith down to sleep and went to my bed to sleep too. Hopefully tomorrow will be fruitful.

Hey guys! That was Chapter three of Journey of the Divine!  I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone reading this book and don't be afraid to leave a comment.  Also if you haven't seen it already the book will be updated every two days  at two thirty! Thanks again!

Peace out~ AstridTJC