8

{later}

I couldn't sleep, Marzia and the nurses were a big help, but the headache never seemed to get better. I'd also been worried about Felix and Luke.

The staff really didn't enjoy answering all of my questions about what they knew of the dog.

I scrolled through my phone, going back and forth between two apps and multiple text conversations before stopping on Corpses' contact.
                     Crops🧑🏽‍🌾💀
Liv
Hey sorry I couldn't make it to the stream            {1 am}
Liv
Brandon, the guy I told you about yesterday kinda found out where I live. A little freaked out about the whole thing
{1:30 am}

He hadn't answered yet and I was wondering if I suddenly turned into a bother, that he was done with me after a few days.

Suddenly a tall figure entered the room room, bringing me out of the overthinking and I brought her eyes up from the phone. It was hard to tell who was at the door when the light was blinding me.

"Who are you-?" The man just fidgeted a bit in front of her and Marzia before muttering incoherent words. "I'm going to get my husband now." Marzia sang and ran out with her things.

I blinked and turned my attention back to the man. "wait Corpse?" I questioned, emphasizing on his YouTube name.

He looked down at me and fidgeted his black mask. "Yeah sorry if this was an intrusion, I just heard what happened from Felix and that he just got released from the police-"

"God Corpse I thought you were irritated with me. I didn't think you'd show up, holy fuck." I was a bit out of breath as my heart pounded and my mind wandered Jesus I thought he said he was 5'10  I scolded myself for drooling over my friend and mentally blamed it on the the drugs I'd taken.

He squinted his eyes before answering " no- why would I be irritated? I got worried after you didn't join the stream or answer texts." I started getting up from the uncomfortable bed, my heart still beating.

"Wait no don't get up. What are you doing?" I, as confidently as I could, strode over to him.

"I'm tryna give you a hug dummy" I mumbled as I butted my head into his chest.

I could hear his heart beating and I smiled, why was It so comforting to hear a heartbeat?

"I think your high on pain medication right now Liv." He took my wrist and led me back to the bed.

"Sit" he ordered pointing down. "No one calls me Liv and I'm not a dog." I stared at my wrist. Corpses hand covered the bruises Brandon caused.

I was surprised that he held my wrist so carefully that the only thing I could feel was his cold rings. When Corpse saw me looking he instantly took his hand off and apologized.

"It's fine you didn't know" I sat on the bed before looking back at him. His black hair looked the same as it did on the day I saw it, curly and hanging around his eyes. The mask covered up most of his face and I definitely didn't criticize him on wearing it.

"Did you take your meds today?" I asked, not very aware of his personal space but, to my surprise he answered.

"Yes I did, and I can definitely tell that you did too." He told me while trying to lift my legs up onto the bed. "C'mon I think you need to sleep before your friends start showing up." I rolled my eyes at him "I can't fall asleep."

"Fine do you want to talk or-?" I interrupted him again "I don't think I've processed everything." Corpse sat down next to me on the bed. "I know, I know meeting your favorite YouTuber must be a lot to handle."

I grinned and propped myself against him. They stayed like that until he spoke up again "are you usually this touchy? Or is it the drugs?"

"No man, I'm a risk taker." I answered, very satisfied with myself. He laughed a little and patted my head.

I started feeling tired soon and the last thing I remembered was trying my best not to fall off the bed while dozing off next to Corpse.