LXXVII

"Rise and shine!" Beomgyu sang early in the morning as he drew the curtains, letting the sunshine in and waking up the other boys.

"Wow, somebody's up early today," Soobin commented with a yawn.

"He has days when he'll just randomly wake up at like, dawn and all," Taehyun commented lazily.

"What a spectacle," Yeonjun remarked cheekily, getting hit with a pillow thrown by Beomgyu from across the room.

"Wake that one up too," Beomgyu said pointing to Kai as he sat on his bed besides his boyfriend.

"Hey Kai, wake up," Soobin gently shook the younger next to him before getting up to sort his stuff for the day.

"They say we're having a test of courage tonight," Beomgyu announced.

"A test of courage?" Soobin asked, looking up.

"It's when we go out into a dark scary place and see if we're too chicken to do it or not," Kai informed Soobin.

"Even I know that!"

"I thought you wouldn't since you've probably never done it, Soob-hyung!"

"I've read about it!"

"Anyway, will you guys participate?" Beomgyu asked, ignoring the two.

"Of course!" Yeonjun answered enthusiastically.

"Bet. It'll be great fun," Taehyun replied.

"Eh, I don't want to," Beomgyu complained.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, babe," Taehyun assured, patting his boyfriend's head lovingly.

"It's a couple thing, you partner up and go together," Beomgyu said with a sigh.

"I can partner up with Jun-hyung since he wants to have a go," Taehyun replied.

"But it'd be romantic for us to go together," Beomgyu whined to Taehyun.

"You guys are planning on talking about that all day or what? Get ready, we need to go for breakfast," Kai said as he walked out of the bathroom.

"You guys are done already?" Taehyun asked, getting up from bed too.

"While you two discussed about being couple goals and all, we got done yeah," Yeonjun replied.

"Hyung, you aren't scared of the test of courage thing?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun.

"Nope. It's not going to be actually scary, right?"

And with the same assumption, all five boys decided to participate in the test of courage. But much to their chagrin, they didn't get to pick partners, it would be depending on what number you would draw from the chit box that had been set up. Those who got the same number, got to get paired together.

As the boys collected in a circle after picking their chits, Beomgyu started chanting his wish to get his boyfriend's number as he unfolded the tiny piece of paper, "22!"

Beomgyu peaked at Taehyun's, "What? 30? Ugh."

"I got a 30 too!" Soobin said, holding up his paper.

"And I got 22," Kai stated.

"Okay, I'm trading with Soobie-hyung," Beomgyu said as he offered his paper to Soobin and took the older's chit.

Beomgyu clung on to his boyfriend happily while the other smiled at him, stroking the older's hair lovingly.

"Cool by me," Kai replied, slapping hands with Soobin.

"What'd you get, Jun-hyung?" Soobin asked the older.

"18."

"18? Maybe destiny is real," Yoonho piped up from behind Yeonjun, showing his piece of paper which had 18 on it too.

And so the pairs were made: Beomgyu with Taehyun, Soobin with Kai and Yeonjun with Yoonho.

"Will you be alright, hyung? You don't have to go if you don't want to," Soobin whispered to Yeonjun besides him as they waited on the starting line together, everyone with their pairs.

"Yeah hyung, say you feel sick or something," Kai added from besides Soobin.

"If you want I can pull something to make them believe you need to drop out ASAP," Beomgyu added from behind.

"It'll be fine guys, don't worry," Yeonjun assured with a smile, he had wanted to partner with Soobin of course, but you can't have everything you want in the world, can you?"

"Okay but if he pulls something, we'll be there to get him," Taehyun added to make sure.

"Just focus on your dates guys," Yeonjun chuckled before Mr. Kim blew the whistle, signaling the start of the walk they were to take through the narrow forest path.

"Stay safe guys, if anything happens, you guys have my phone number. And be sure not to stray to the big road, alright? Have fun, guys!"

As the walk started, the crowd moved together for the first few minutes but as time went by the crowd dissolved and the boys were separated. The path was dimly lit by old light bulbs and had scary dolls hung around.

Kai and Soobin walked faster to get out quick and Taehyun and Beomgyu were practically the ones who were leading the group, far ahead from the red as they quickly shuffled on.

Yeonjun and Yoonho however were more on the slower side as Yoonho deliberately slowed down to lengthen the time he was getting with Yeonjun.