IX

The next day too, was a fun one for the boys. The five of them hungout together the whole day, teamed together during the sports period and fooled around in their breaks. Soobin slowly started opening up to the boys as well and Yeonjun was glad that Soobin was slowly growing more comfortable with the other boys as well.

This day too, they all walked home together and again, Soobin and Kai were the last ones together.

"The cherry blossoms will be in full bloom soon," Kai said, looking at a blossom tree close by.

"Do you like them? The flowers?" Soobin asked, looking at the flower petals on the branches.

"Yeah, I think they're really pretty."

"Yeah."

After this, there was only a comfortable silence between the boys until they said goodbye to the other and parted ways. Kai had wanted to invite Soobin on a platonic date to watch the cherry blossom, but for some reason, he just hadn't been able to get the words out of his mouth.

The rest of the week also passed by in a fun blur of jokes and banter shared between the boys and soon it was Friday. That day, Taehyun and Kai were going to Beomgyu's to hangout and play games.

"C'mon, you guys should really come along too, you know," Beomgyu wailed.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm going to be the thirdwheel again," Kai remarked.

"I mean, I really would've come but mum wants me home today so," Soobin said, his mum had left him a message telling him to be present at home in the evening since they were going to be having some guests over.

"Yeonjun? You'll come, right?" Taehyun asked.

Yeonjun glanced at Soobin, deciding he didn't really have to go if Soobin wasn't.

"Well, I can't come today either, I've got stuff to do at home," Yeonjun lied.

Boemgyu gave an overdramatic frown. Soon the boys parted ways,and it was only just Soobin and Yeonjun. In the whole week, this was the first time they had been alone together.

"You know you didn't have to decline their invite just because I'm not going," Soobin huffed.

"Nah, it's all cool," Yeonjun said nonchalantly.

"You really have things you got to do at home?" Soobin sounded intrigued.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

"Where do you live?" Soobin asked, realizing that even though Yeonjun had dropped him home many times, he had never been the one to do that and thus hadn't seen Yeonjun's place.

"Oh, just around here," Yeonjun answered.

"Hmm~" Soobin said.

Soon the boys encountered a blossom tree similar to the one Soobin had seen with Kai a few days ago.

"Do you like flowers, Yeonjun?" Soobin asked.

"Why? You're going to propose to me or some shit?" Yeonjun joked, not having seen the trees yet.

"No, idiot. I mean flowers like those," Soobin retorted, light punching Yeonjun's arm and pointing to the tree.

"Ah~ those. They're really pretty, aren't they?" Yeonjun was looking at the flowers, his eyes warm.

Soobin looked at Yeonjun, "He's looking so pretty right now..." Soobin thought, continuing to unknowingly stare.

Yeonjun turned at Soobin and their eyes met. Yeonjun felt warmth envelop his heart and he smiled. Soobin smiled back, turning slightly pink at being caught staring but still not looking away.

"You're cute, Soobinnie, you smile like a bunny rabbit."

At this, heat rose to Soobin's face but something in his heart still refused from letting him from looking away. Yeonjun noticed Soobin's fluster and smiled wider.

"C'mon now, you'll be late home if we keep stalling here," Yeonjun said and got hold of Soobin's hand, pulling him along. Yeonjun had Soobin's hand softly held, only just having his fingers wrap around Soobin's as they walked along, Soobin smiled at their hands in contact as Yeonjun led the way.

"Hey, you want to hangout tomorrow? Maybe we could also go to the park and watch the cherry blossom trees and all," Yeonjun asked, turning to look at Soobin who was walking besides him, Soobin's hands still in his.

"Yeah, I'd really like that," Soobin softly replied.

Soon the boys reached the outside of Soobin's house.

"Bye, Soobinnie. Around lunch time tomorrow, okay?" Yeonjun said with a smile, though dropping Soobin's hand.

"Yeah, okay. Bye, Yeonjun," Soobin returned the smile, slightly solemn but knowing that they couldn't had possibly spent any more time having their hands holding on to the other's.