XV

As Yeonjun pulled Soobin along the corridors, he was feeling a range of varying emotions: anger, insecurity, confusion, but most of all, concern, for Soobin. Soobin, now having stopped crying, just quietly followed Yeonjun as Yeonjun took him to the back garden of the school. They went to a bench and Yeonjun sat down, Soobin followed.

There was a stuffy silence for a while before Yeonjun spoke up softly, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Soobin whispered.

There was another moment of silence as both boys searched their heads for words to speak. Back at the cafeteria, Taehyun and Beomgyu were filling Kai into the story as Kai listened intently but with no emotion on his face. Kai stood up and said he'd go look for Soobin, Taehyun told him to sit back down as Yeonjun was already with there. Kai obeyed.

"Did you- were you crying because of me?" Yeonjun asked Soobin, closely looking at Soobin.

"N-No, I mean, uh, k-kind of," Soobin stuttered.

Yeonjun felt uneasy, he felt as though he'd betrayed Soobin, as though he'd betrayed the heavens.

Seeing Yeonjun's face drop, Soobin quickly said, "B-But it's not your fault. It's Yoonho's"

"Was it something he said?"

"It was something he said...about you"

"About me?"

"Relating to you, actually"

There was another silence as both boys grew uncomfortable. Soobin because he didn't want to be bothersome to Yeonjun due to his own self-doubt, and Yeonjun since he didn't want to have made Soobin suffer.

"What was it? What'd he say?" Yeonjun asked, looking straight ahead, hesitant as he was afraid of the answer to come.

"He said-He said that-that," Soobin took a deep breath, "that I don't deserve you." It was merely a whisper but Yeonjun heard it clear and was struck with shock, sadness and fury, all at once.

"You know that's not true," Yeonjun said, unaware of how much he lightened Soobin's mood with just that one comment.

"It's not?"

"You know it's not. It's pretty much the opposite really. What have I done to deserve you?" Yeonjun turned to look as Soobin, a sad smile on his face.

"It is the opposite..?"

"Yeah"

"But why would someone like you be friends with me?"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm-I'm so unimportant and boring and lack confidence and am not just fun to be around"

"That's not true, I've never had as much fun with anybody as much as I've had with you. You might lack confidence, yeah but that's cute too, you know"

"Really?"

"Yeah. And you may not be important to some people but to me, you're the most important, up to the point that I thank God every day for making our paths cross."

"But, you're so cool and fun... handsome too. You could be with anyone you wanted."

"If it really is so then I choose it to be you. Even if fate had someone else for me, if I could, I'd choose it to be you"

Tears collected in Soobin's eyes, "Y-You..."

Suddenly Yeonjun engulfed Soobin into a hug, "You're a real gem, Yeonjun, you know that?"

"Not really"

"No, really. Ever since you've come into my life, everything is bright and cheery and fun."

Yeonjun was touched, was at a loss for words.

"Thank you so much, Soobin"

"Thank you for existing, for being you, for being the one for me. You're really wasted on me, but I'm thankful for the chance I've been given, the chance you've given me," Yeonjun too, grew teary-eyed, his eyes sparkling as he looked up at the sky and thanked fate for bringing them together.

They got out of their embrace but continued looking at each other, tears filled in their eyes but big smiles on their face.

Right then, Kai saw the scene, Soobin and Yeonjun, staring into each other's eyes, all smiles, looking so in love. He had decided to go look for Soobin after all, since worried he was. But seeing thatYeonjun had cheered Soobin up, Kai regretted coming.