LXI

The next day, Soobin awoke at around noon and headed straight to lunch, wishing his family a 'Good Afternoon' and sitting at the table.

"Did you read any of the novels?" His stepdad asked.

"Oh not yet, but soon I will," Soobin replied with a small smile.

"Sure sure, take your time," his stepdad replied with a smile, making Soobin's mother smile as she passed the dishes.

As usual most of the conversation was just Soobin's stepdad and stepbrothers. But as Soobin helped take the dishes back to the kitchen, his half-brother, Taewook, followed him.

"Hey Hyung," Taewoo said to Soobin.

"Oh hi," Soobin replied, feeling slightly weird because he'd always stayed far from him and they had developed a relationship where they both ignored each other at most, if not all, times.

"Are you alright?" Taewook sat on the counter and watched his Hyung load the dishwasher.

"Yes, of course," Soobin replied nonchalantly, having no clue what the younger was talking about.

"You scared me last night."

"Me?" Soobin looked up in mild surprise.

"Yeah."

"What did I do?"

"You were sick."

"Sick?" Suddenly all the memories from the night before came flooding back to Soobin.

"Ah, right." Soobin facepalmed.

"Take care of yourself, mum was so worried," Taewook said, jumping off the counter.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry," Soobin awkwardly apologized, going back to his work and feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Dad was worried too, and Taeho-hyung too," Taewook said from the doorframe.

"Wait, what? Taeho?" Soobin looked at his younger brother in surprise.

"Yeah, he asked about you this morning."

"Oh it was probably all the fuss I created so late at night. I'll apologize to him for the ruckus."

"Aren't you going to ask if I was worried too?"

Soobin paused his work and blinked at the younger, "Well, were you?"

"A bit."

Soobin smiled at his younger brother, "Thanks."

"Mostly because you got mum worried though," Taewook replied with a huff.

"Right," Soobin chuckled, watching his eleven year old brother run off.

Soobin sighed to himself as he finished loading the dishwasher and climbed the stairwell to go to his room, feeling overwhelmed as he thought about the night before's happenings.

"I don't know what to think anymore, maybe Yeonjun-hyung isn't the same Choi Yeonjun as the old one. God I don't even know I-"

Soobin was talking to himself when he bumped into Taeho, his stepbrother.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Taeho asked, his eyebrow raised in annoyance.

"Oh nothing, I'm sorry," Soobin replied stepping aside to let him pass.

Taeho walked past him, turning around to see Soobin go to his room and slowly close the door.

"Hey, hey," Taeho called out to Soobin.

"Me? Yeah?" Soobin looked up surprised and opened the door.

"What happened last night?"

"Oh I'm so sorry about last night, alright? I didn't mean to disturb you guys and all," Soobin rambled.

"Oh no, that's cool."

"Ah. okay," Soobin turned to go back into his room.

Taeho scratched the back of his head, "Uhh..."

"Yeah?" Soobin looked back at him.

"Do you want to play video games together or something?"

Soobin smiled a confused smile, "Me?"

"Yeah, I mean, I guess we should be getting along too... since dad and Taewook are trying to make up with you."

"Hey, don't force yourself to, okay? I'm not the same friendless kid I was back in elementary school so you don't have to feel sorry or anything."

"You have friends now?" Taeho looked genuinely surprised.

Soobin let out a sigh and said with a tight smile, "Believe or not, I actually do."

"That's cool," Taeho awkwardly commented.

"Yeah," Soobin shrugged.

"Yeah."

"B-But."

"But?"

Soobin took a deep breath, "If you do feel bored and stuff and like, genuinely want to hangout or something or you know, stuff like that, we could like, do that, one of these days. I mean, you don't have to but like, you know, if you want to and if you're bored or something, like-"

Taeho put a hand on Soobin's shoulder and sighed, cutting off his rambling, "Yeah, yeah. So right now good?"

"S-Sure," Soobin hesitantly nodded.

"Okay, let's go to my room then."

As Soobin followed his stepbrother into his room, he looked around, pleasantly surprised to recognize some of the bands in the posters on the wall.

"What do you want to play?" Taeho sat on a bean bag and gestured Soobin to sit on the one beside it.

"Oh, anything's fine."

"Super Mario Kart good?"

"Sure."

~~~
A/N: (wooo~ it's my first author's note here lol)
Yeah, I made a few tweaks to the beginning of the story to straighten out that basically: Taeho is Soobin's stepbrother while Taewook is Soobin's half-brother.
I'm sorry but I'm still an amateur so please go easy on me🥺

Thank you for continuing to read and support this story