IV

Soobin was relieved to find out that Yeonjun wasn't just in the same school but was even in the same class as him.

"Wow, I never thought you'd go to the same school as me," Soobin said to Yeonjun, who was sitting beside him, scrolling on his phone.

Yeonjun looked up from his phone screen and asked, "Why not?"

"The image of this school doesn't really match you," Soobin said with a chuckle.

"Cool way to say that I seem like a bad boy," Yeonjun said with a smirk.

"Wait, you're not?" Soobin asked, half-joking and half-seriously.

"Choi Soobin, you, my man, need to understand that I am a whole angel, literally," Yeonjun said pointing at Soobin's face.

"Woah, just because we share the same surname doesn't mean we're married, bub," Soobin retorted with a chuckle.

"I swear to God, Choi Soo-"

"Good morning, class," Yeonjun was interrupted by the teacher who was at the front of the now full classroom.

The teacher welcomed the students, introduced himself and started slowly getting all the students to introduce themselves. The students went one by one, Soobin's turn was soon approaching and he felt apprehensive about having the spotlight on him during his introduction, even if it was just for a few couple of seconds. Noticing, Yeonjun grabbed Soobin's hand from under the desk and squeezed it, "Don't worry," he whispered, Soobin just nodded.

Yeonjun went before Soobin, "Hello everyone, I'm Choi Yeonjun. My hobbies are to sing and dance. I look forward to enjoying the school year along with everyone. Nice to meet you guys," Yeonjun smiled and ended with a neat bow. Even though the class was all boys, Soobin swore he heard someone say "he's so cute," and a lot of others swoon. For some reason, it only made Soobin more nervous.

"Hello everyone, I'm Choi Soobin. Nice to meet you guys," Soobin hurriedly said and quickly sat down after an awkward bow.

Suddenly, the teacher called out, "Choi Soobin?"

Instantly back on his feet, Soobin answered, "Yes, sir?"

"Tell us your hobbies"

Soobin could feel all of the class's eyes on him, "Sorry, sir?"

"You didn't tell us about your hobbies, dear"

"Oh yes, I'm sorry. My hobbies are to sing and dance, thank you," Soobin stammered, trying his best not to let his voice waver.

Soobin bowed and sat back down on his seat with his head hung low in embarrassment, while the teacher moved on to ask the other students for their introductions. As Soobin sat back down, he heard someone say, "Oh god, the ugly Choi really just copied whatever Yeonjunnie said." Soobin instantly turned his head straight ahead, palms sweaty and heart racing as he wondered whether or not the kids who said that would make it a daily thing to bully him.

Yeonjun too, seemed to have heard and whispered to Soobin, "Hey, don't mind them. As your hyung, I'll make sure they don't try anything, yeah?"

Soobin looked at Yeonjun. Yeonjun, in turn gave a warm smile to Soobin. "With Yeonjunnie beside me, I'll be alright. With Yeonjunnie here, I can have a good time too," Soobin willed himself to believe as the class went on.

While the instructions were being given, Yeonjun held on to Soobin's hand, slowly stroking it with his thumb, trying to calm Soobin down. After instructions were over and they had to start on their class assignment, Yeonjun suddenly left Soobin's hand, flashing him a warm smile before getting started on his work. Soobin looked down at his palm, suddenly having it feel a little lonely, but he decided to let that go, as the typical nerd type, he had the class assignment to do.