sixteen

* all of the comments on my last chapter were genuinely amazing. some of them really made me giggle, while others truly warmed my heart! thank you! please do it again - it seems that OFFTH3MARK and i have some sort of competition going on. i do love her though. your support is appreciated more than you know *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Don't worry too much. He's your best friend, you can tell him anything and he will be patient with you," Callum reached for my hands as he pulled up outside Lando's apartment block. I felt sick wirh nerves. "It'll be alright, Mila. Take my word for it."

"Thanks, Callum," I chewed on my lip as I reached for my bag from the back seat. "Thank you for last night and also for bringing me here."

"My pleasure," his smile was wide as he pressed his lips to my forehead, our hands still tightly together. "Call me and let me know what he says."

"I will," holding my bag closely to my chest, I pushed the passenger door open. "Bye."

After climbing out of Callum's car, I exhaled heavily and glanced at the main entrance to the apartment block. Lando lived in such a nice area and I couldn't wait to move in with him. I was really ready to tell him, but it wasn't the first thing on my mind. I had something else to talk about first, but I was absolutely terrified to the point that my stomach was turning with nerves and my fingers were trembling with fear.

"Mila?" Callum called of me and it startled me a little, but I turned around to look back at him with a smile. He gave me a look or encouragement. "Don't worry about anything. He isn't going to be mad, or upset, or anything like that. It's going to be okay."

"Thanks, Callum." He was so lovely to me and I felt like I didn't deserve it because I wasn't sure about how I saw him. What we shared was either a platonic friendship or a romantic relationship and I couldn't figure it out, especially not from my part anyway. I was hoping that these next few days with Lando would help clear my mind because I didn't want to be caught up on the thought of Callum any longer. Being with my best friend was the most important thing in the world to me and no matter how excited I got to see Callum, it would never equate to the happiness and joy I felt when I was in Lando's presence.

I made my way into the building and towards the lift. I knew Lando worried sometimes about me being alone when in his apartment block. I struggled to handle the stairs because it seemed to have a negative effect on my heart, but I wasn't the best with lifts and I worried about silly things, like collapsing and blacking out with nobody to help me. I pushed it to the back of my mind, but with knowing that I needed to admit to Lando what I'd been worrying about my entire life, it actually seemed quite fitting. I didn't want it to be.

I felt sick to my stomach. I was overthinking this entire thing, but I knew it would have a ridiculous impact on Lando. He would be devastated to know I'd lived with this demon my entire life. I was afraid of hurting him. At least I had some good news to share with him afterwards, to confirm that I wanted to move in with him and have his home become our home. It made my heart swell with love and excitement. It was obvious that I was very conflicted right now. It didn't matter.

I knocked on Lando's front door, my heart bouncing in my chest as I thought about seeing him again. When he opened the door, I was quick to wrap my arms around him in utter excitement. Lando chuckled as he dragged me inside, my bag following behind our bodies, as Lando pushed the door shut with his foot.