twenty one

* sorry for another wait until uploading this chapter. hope you enjoy now that it's here! thank you for your continued support - don't forget to comment and vote!! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

< CALLUM: I know how bad it looks. It was harmless, I promise. It was just a joke we have, whenever I see her in the paddock, we ask one another about pick-up lines. God, it even sounds bad but Mila I swear there is nothing to worry about. You know how I feel about you. I would never hurt you like that. I'm sorry. Can we talk about it? Can you call me? >

I didn't know what I was supposed to respond to that. I didn't want to call him, or speak to him, not right now. Not today. Today's focus was elsewhere, and it was on better things. New beginnings with my best friend. After reading Callum's message, I forced it to the back of my mind and put all of my attention into getting up and showering quickly. I was too excited to see Lando to even think about doing anything else. Callum really didn't matter.

His excuse was poor. In fact, it was shit. A joke? Sure; I wonder if he's taken her out for food and went back home with her, climbed into bed beside her and reassured her that he will wait until she's ready to go further with their friendship. I needed space from Callum. Moving in with Lando and being comfortable in my new home was important to me, and I would only think about that today. Not succumbing to a relationship was a good decision, because of reasons like this. Lando would always be my number one, and being with another man would only make things more confusing. This was exactly why I kept all of my attention on work and my best friend. Fuck boys.

With excitement coursing through my veins, I kicked the bedsheets away from my legs. I was nervous about leaving home, and leaving my parents, although we would only be down the road. Lando and I would be housemates, officially. When we were small, although we wanted to have sleepovers all the time and were adamant that we should live together then, we never imagined that it would actually happen one day. I never thought I would find myself working in Formula 1 at the same time as he had a seat. It still felt like a dream to me.

Everything was packed into boxes, apart from the few necessities I needed this morning. My skincare products, my toothbrush, my hairbrush, towels and today's clothes - they were the only things I had out of boxes right now. I knew unpacking would take a day or two; we were going to decorate the spare bedroom, Sacha's old room, and turn it into a dressing room for me. Lando had space for his gaming set up in the front room, so instead of moving that, he promised I could have a dressing room. Then, we had enough individual space, if we ever got sick of the other, which was rare, to be honest.

I practically skipped across the carpet to my en-suite bathroom and locked the door behind me. I wasn't showering, because I knew it would make more sense to have one this evening after lifting and unpacking so many boxes. I left everything that wasn't in a box in the bathroom, making it easier for me to get dressed and sort out the things I needed to box up before loading them into Lando's car.

It took me ten minutes or so to cleanse my face and I ensured that I applied enough moisturiser to my soft skin. I brushed my teeth, but left my toothbrush in the glass it lived in so that I could redo them after breakfast. I used my hairbrush to pull my hair into a tight, but neat, ponytail, and used a few water droplets to force the messy baby hairs away from the frame of my face. I just couldn't wait to see Lando, and start moving everything, although I knew that later on, reality would hit and I would feel all the sad emotions I wasn't feeling now.

"Mila?" The sound of my brother's voice provoked a little more sadness. I would do anything to have him around a little more. I missed him while he was away, and while I was away from home, too. It was crazy to think that we were both older now, and more independent. The thought baffled me; our younger days only felt like yesterday. "Lando's here."