Chapter 33!

❤️Curse him for being all tight muscle, with ivory skin and a mouth as soft as rose petals. Curse him for having hair as fair as the sun, and eyes as black as night. Curse him for having the grace of a cat and deft, cool hands: Tamora Pierce; Bloodhound❤️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is just something so sick and pathetic about hospitals. The lurking smell of unknown medicines, the colorless walls, the sharp cries of patients and families. It's all so unbelievable. Hospitals inflict nothing but severe pain, to the one suffering and to the one seeing them suffer. People die here, for God's sake. They lose everything right in the blink of an eye; just because someone hit them with a car or something. It's sublime, really.

We walk in-Shane, Dell, Amber, Rose, Sam and I. As soon as Shane kept the phone, I collapsed onto the sand, the thoughts of Dan being dead whirling in my mind. But somehow, I knew he wasn't dead. I knew I have to get to him. So here we are, in the hospital, looking around for Dan. Entering the lift, we go to the second floor, and a sharp smell hits me in the nostrils. We ask the head nurse for Dan's room and come face to face with a big door numbered 7. From the small glass window, I see him. And time seems to stop.

He's lying on the bed, his face a blend of colors. His eyes are swollen and purple, his cheeks puffed with endless scars running through them. His left hand is tied up in a plaster, and so is his left leg. There is a tube on his right hand that's connected to a bottle of blood, supplying it to him. Oh God. I let out a shriek when I asses his condition properly...the pain is unbearable. His once smirking and laughing face is now so lifeless. A thick bandage is wrapped around his head, his brown hair peeking out from it. Why him? Why is he the one who had to go through this? Who is the bastard who did this to him? My mind is swirling with questions which I don't have answers to.

Just as I'm about to enter, a hand on my shoulder holds me back.

"Miss, no one is allowed inside except family. How are you related to him?" A tall guy in a white coat asks me.

"Who are you?" I demand, hoping he could give me some answers.

"I'm the patient Dan Waters' doctor. Who might you be?" He eyes me with a skeptical look.

"I'm his girlfriend," I utter and see all my friends gasp in surprise. Well, everyone except Dell. She knows about it. But now is not the time to deal with all this. I have to know what happened to Dan.

"He's been involved in an accident. It was a highway, the car ahead of him suddenly hit the break and Dan dashed into it. He was too late to control the car. His car swerved to the left and hit another bus. It toppled pretty badly. It's a miracle he's even breathing right now. Since he didn't even have his seat belt on, he was completely crushed. He's got a severe fracture in his left leg. His left arm his currently broken, a bone displacement. It was horrible. The driver of the other car rushed away before the police could catch him. The bus driver got him here," He tells me the whole story and I gasp. What the fuck? The nerve of that driver...

"But it's not all the other driver's fault, Miss. We found out that he was drunk beyond extent. There was so much alcohol in his body, it was crazy how he was even awake. He shouldn't have driven," The doctor shakes his head in a disapproving way.

"Well, how is he now?" I demand.

"He's alive. But he isn't responding. He may lose his memory since he banged his head pretty hard with the windshield. May. There is a possibility. I cannot say anything at this moment. But one thing is for sure, he should respond in the next twenty four hours."

Everything around me is spinning. All the voices next to me are an unclear blur. I don't seem to be capable enough to function, to act, to move.

What did you do, Dan?

Oh Jesus, he won't recognize me. He won't remember me. He won't recollect the times we shared, the laughs, the fights. Everything. It's all gone from his memory. Erased in the most painful way. And trust me when I say, seeing him like this and knowing that once he wakes up, he may not know anyone is unbearable.

I sit on one of the plastic chairs beside an old lady who has shadows of tears on her cheeks. See...hospitals are a nightmare.

Sam sits next to me, running a comforting hand up and down my arm. But right now, it doesn't soothe me. It seems to irritate me further. I shrug my shoulders and he snaps his hand away. Dell, Rose and Amber all sit by my side, trying to tell me that everything will be fine. But how?! Everything isn't fine. It's all a mess. A deadly, dangerous mess. How can they still believe it'll all be fine? All the positiveness seems to be sucked out from me right now.

"Sarah try to calm down. I'm sure Dan will be okay," Rose tries to reason out with me, but I glare at her. Dell and Amber keep quiet. They know how I am when I'm angry and frustrated and agitated. I just don't listen. I become so stubborn, it's impossible to console me. So the two of them don't try. They just sit by my side and wrap their arms around me. And I wait for the pain to go away.

It's been three hours now, and he still hasn't shown any signs of recovery. Dan...what are you up to? Get up! Please! With every second that passes, my heart beats faster. I pray harder. Sam's handed me a cup of hot coffee, which all seems bland and tasteless to me. Rose and Shane went back home and will return tomorrow morning. Sam, Dell and Amber decided to stay back. I can see the moonlight pouring through the open window by my left, casting glowing shadows on the floor. Nurses scuttle around everywhere, doctors walk in and out of operation rooms. Time passes. But Dan still doesn't wake up.

"Doctor, can I meet Dan Waters? I'm his girlfriend." A coy voice from behind me says. I whip my head around and come face to face with that bitch aka Nicole. She's talking to that young doctor guy, her hand running up and down his arm. And she called herself Dan's girlfriend. What the hell?

"Miss, I just had another lady saying she's his girlfriend. Who are you?" The doctor asks her and she turns around to look at me. When she spots me, her facial expressions suddenly change, and we are in a glaring contest. God, what is she even doing here?

"What are you doing here, you bitch?" She sneers at me.

That does it.

Before I know what I'm doing, I walk towards her and connect my hand to her right cheek, slapping her. Hard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellloooooooooooooooooo

Okay so this might be the last update for 2 weeks. I've got my exams, but if I can, I will update once before they begin. That's all.

ReAd

VoTe

cOmMenT

Enjoy!

Yours truly,

Swara:)!