Chapter 31!

❤️ I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I'm her knight in shinning armour: Simone Elkeles; Perfect Chemistry❤️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell stands in the doorway; the moonlight creating an eerie effect on her brown hair. She looks at me with a sinister expression and then sits beside me, our elbows touching. Although I might have loads of friends whom I love more than life itself, Dell is a special one. We've known each other since fourth grade. It's like, we can go without talking to each other for weeks but still remain so close. She's seen my at my worst, she's shared the most amazing moments of my life with me and she understands me like on one else. Although I felt a bit estranged when Adam came into her life and she started spending most of her time with him, we never ever grew apart. We know what the other person is feeling with just one glance at them. Best friends isn't the word, we're more like sisters.

"Why have you been lying?" She asks me and I sigh. There is no hiding from her. I can trust her with everything, I know how loyal she is.

"Yes, Sam and I are lying. I don't even like him in the first place. It's all a plan," I start off and see her expression change.

"Now why would you do that?" She frowns.

"Because I like Dan. A lot. And that guy won't tell me what he thinks of me. It's like: one moment he's kissing me and staring at me with such intensity that I'm one hundred percent sure that he likes me and then suddenly he gets that bitch Nicole home. I don't know what to assume! And Sam was ready to help me find out whether he really likes me or not by making him jealous. "

"Why would Sam be ready to be doing that, Sarah?"

"Because he likes me. He said it. And although I feel bad for making him go through this, he said that he wants to see my happy. Which is why he's doing this," I explain but there's this sick feeling inside me. Who would be so generous, so compassionate to just ignore their feelings for a person and in turn, help her find someone else. That is truly bizzare. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to do that.

"Hasn't it ever crossed your mind that he might have ulterior motives?" She raises her eyebrows and I think about it from that point of view. Can that be true?

One more thing I forgot to mention, my best friend is some kind of mind reader. He predictions, assumptions are always, always true. Her advice has never gotten me into any kind of trouble.

"Wait, so does that mean Sam doesn't like me? Why would he help me though? What could he possibly want from me, Dell?" I'm utterly confused here, and nothing is really helping.

"Sam may or may not like you, Sarah. But that doesn't change the fact that he might want something from you. I mean, no one does anything and doesn't expect something in return. It's just how we are. I guess Sam wants something from you. I don't know what but there has to be something. If I were Sam, I couldn't even bear seeing him with another girl. It would kill me. So either Sam doesn't like you and is just getting you involved in this because he's benefitting from this, or he's just a really amazing guy. I suspect the former, I don't know for sure though."

Wow. Never in a million years could think of it this way. Maybe she's right. And maybe I'm in deep trouble.

"I don't know, Dell. I can't even be sure of what I'm doing anymore. Why I'm doing it. It's all for that one stupid guy and he doesn't even care about me," I'm this close to tears. And never, ever have I cried over a guy. What has he done to me?

"Why are the two of you so stupid?" She mutters and I look at her with questioning eyes. Huh?

"What do you mean?"

"I want to tell you so bad Sarah, but I have been sworn to secrecy. I can't tell you what he feels about you. It's just that...how can you not see it!"

"See what, Dell?" God I have never been so confused before. What is she saying?

"What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing, Jesus! You two are impossible to deal with dude," I glare at her.

"Would you stop giving me these ridiculous clues and just tell me what actually happened!" I growl and she chuckles lightly.

"Sorry. You two are going to have to figure this out on your own," She says and I know that she won't budge.

"Anyway, enough about me. What's up with you and Adam?" I grin cheekily and she rolls her eyes.

"Nothing's up. I love that idiot, that's it," She states and my heart melts a little. These two are the most wonderful pair ever. I can't help but feel happy and envious at the same time.

"Aww! You two are so cute, you know that?" I say and she mumbles something incoherent.

"Yeah yeah. But the problem here is you and Dan, Sarah. Make sure you take the right decision before things go out of hand alright?" She hangs her arm around my shoulders, squeezing me.

"I'll try my best. If not, you're always there right?" I look at her with hopeful eyes.

"Of course I am," that reassurance was all I needed right now. Feeling hopeful, I get up, lending her a hand and we both go out into the living room, settling in front of the television. I don't know how I'll be acting now that I'm in a 'relationship' but I hope Sam manages to get me through this. I hope he makes sure no one comes to know. The rest, we'll see how everything unfolds. But for now, the soulful voice of Adam Levine drowns me into peacefulness, making my eyes droop, and I fall asleep with my head resting lightly on someone's shoulder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yours truly,

Swara:)!