Chapter 37!

❤️" There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever❤️

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never did I imagine that this whole fake boyfriend-girlfriend fling with Sam could cost me so much. Now that Dan and I had admitted that we loved each other, I literally forgot what the consequences would be when all of our friends find out. What would they think about me? That I'm a cheater, playing with two boys at the same time. I shook my head, swerving away from the dangerous direction my thoughts were going to. They would never do that. They're called 'friends' for a reason. They'll understand me. They'll agree with the decision, I'm sure of that.

"How did you end up in a hospital bed in the first place, you idiot?" I asked Dan, and he cringed.

"After I saw you and Sam together, I got so furious that I ran away. I found a bar. I drank till my insides were literally burning. That picture, of you and him, it just wouldn't leave my mind. So I got in the car and called up Nicole. I had to think of some other plan, it was getting too much. And then a truck crashed into me out of nowhere. I don't really remember anything beyond that. I was probably knocked unconscious," he explains and I feel like slapping him so hard.

"Why the hell couldn't you just tell me instead of acting like a madman?" I shriek.

"You were with Sam! I'm not the only insane person here..." He glares at me and I look at him sheepishly.

Oh yeah...

"Well I don't care. At least the accident got the truth out. Who cares about a few broken bones?" He said between coughs and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I swear you're crazy," I mutter, and can't help but hide the smile that was threatening to break through my face. He was mine. Dan was all mine.

"I love you, Chocolate. More than you can ever imagine," he whispers and I grin. This boy is doing unexplainable things to me...

"And I you," I say with a smile. Life just couldn't be more perfect. I don't even mind that I sound like a dumb, love struck person right now. He tends to do that to me, to make my emotions go into an overdrive mode until I'm no longer in charge of myself, until I have no control over my senses.

"I never thought I'd fall in love with you," He says and I smirk.

"Well you lost the bet we made on the school terrace," I say proudly.

"Yeah yeah, I know. You win, for once," he mumbles embarrassingly and I whoop in victory. God, winning a bet is the best feeling ever.

It is then that the door literally bursts open and my friends come running inside. All of them. Squeezing me in a huge ass hug. After I somehow manage to break through and regain my oxygen level, I realise that they're staring at Dan and I; a knowing smirk covering their faces.

Oh shit...

That little motherfu-

"Rose, you are SO dead!" I growl and look around for her. Someone whimpers from behind Amber and Dell and I walk around to see her sitting on the ground, with a meek expression on her face.

"I couldn't help it. I screamed in excitement. But I didn't know my scream would be so loud that everyone would come to know," she says like a little child caught eating chocolates.

"Oh of course you didn't! But now you've done it and I'm going to kill you!" I glare at her murderously. "Any dying wishes?" I ask her and she nods.

"What is it?" I demand.

"Don't kill me, please. I'm sorry," she squeaks and I sigh.

"It's called 'dying' wish for a reason. God, what did I do to have a friend like you?!" I wonder out loud and she laughs, heaving a sigh of relief and then getting up.

"Aww, I love you too," she says and then hugs me. "Besides, what's the big deal? Everyone was bound to find out sooner or later. I just made your job easier," she explains and I frown at her. She may be right...

"Oh enough, the two of you. Sarah, Dan, how did this happen?!" Piper squeals and I duck my head, looking at Dan from the corner of my eyes, who gives me a heart melting smile.

"Well, we, I don't really think I can explain this," I say and look at him for help.

"Sarah and I love each other-"
Before he could continue, a series of 'awws' and 'oohs' engulfed us, and everyone started clapping and cheering. I wondered if it was even possible to blush any harder.

"We've loved each other since quite a long time but I wasn't really sure whether she reciprocated the feelings for me so I put up a fake act of dating Nicole. Nicole and I were never really together, it was all a play to find out whether Sarah gets jealous when she finds out about it or not. I basically wanted to see her reaction."

"And I too, liked him quite a lot, so Sam and I came up with the idea of dating each other. We just wanted to find out whether Dan gets jealous when he finds us together or whether he doesn't get affected by it at all. Sam and I aren't together. I love Dan. I guess the plan never really worked the way we wanted it to. It pretty much backfired. We should've just told each other, but we were scared of rejection. So yeah, everything's sorted out now, though. So there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Sorry for lying to all of you, but it was necessary," I finish and an eerie silence follows. I gulp nervously, waiting for everyone's reaction.

After a while, Amber breaks the silence. "It's okay. We understand and respect your decision," she says, offering me a small smile and I'm slightly relieved. I never thought it would be this easy.

"Yeah, what you did was for love," Piper is literally wiping her tears. Woah! Who knew our story was that interesting.

"So now the two of you are together?" Dell questions, grinning broadly.

"Well, I haven't really asked her out officially," Dan replies and I blush for what seems like the millionth time today.

"And may I ask what exactly you're waiting for, you asshole?" Rose demands and Dan glares at her.

"I just want to get down on one knee and do it the conventional way," he says while looking at me and I sigh. Aww damn.

"Just do it!" Shane hollers and Peter cheers along.

"Alright, alright," he gives in.

Someone pushes me towards him and I stumble, catching the bed for balance. Dan holds my hand and looks at me right in the eye, his brown orbs twinkling.

"Sarah-" he says my name so delicately, I swear I melt right on the spot.

"Will you be nice enough to give this injured guy the privilege of going out with you?" He asks me and I giggle.

"Yes. Yeah. Of course," I manage to speak and I holds my hand tighter, pulling me closer to him and diving into a kiss. I hear the whistles and the whoops in the background but I don't care. I'm a puddle of emotions. This is going great so far. I can't believe someone like me could get so lucky.

What I didn't know was that, beneath all the happiness and laughter, a guy was standing in the room at a distance, glaring at Dan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year!
I truly hope this year goes how you planned, full of happiness and success and prosperity. Hope you right the wrongs and live to the fullest. Enjoy every second of your life, it's not coming back!
What are your resolutions?

Hope you liked this chapter;) listen to the wonderful song on the side- Everywhere by Jason Mraz. The lyrics get to me every single time!

Lots of love:)
Yours truly,
Swara:)!