Chapter 36!

❤"️We accept the love we think we deserve."
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower❤️
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is then that I cannot think of anything sane; my brain is just a mixture of endless crazy thoughts. Some stupid gut feeling inside me is telling me to kiss him. To just attack and devour the lips that I've always seen from far. But then another gut feeling is telling me that I might worsen his condition...I might get so excited that I'd break another of his leg or his hand or something. Sometimes, I get uncontrollable. Yeah. that would probably be an understatement because whenever it comes to Dan, I'm not myself.

"Can I kiss you right now?" He whispers, his mesmerising eyes still locked with mine, making my heart sommersault. God, I STILL can't believe he loves me. How in the name of God is it possible?!

"Chocolate, you're spacing out again. What are you thinking?" He questions softly.

"I just still don't understand how all this is happening..." I mumble, thoroughly embarassed.

"Why is it so hard to contemplate? I. Love. You. I love everything about you. From how you scrunch your nose at the sight of tomatoes and how your eyes glint when you're watching the sunset. How you microscopically tap your feet and bob your head to a song. How you hum along with the lyrics. How you're so compassionate and loyal and crazy yet sane when you have to be. How you're ridiculously funny without even trying. I've never ever met someone like you, Sarah. But when I did, I swear it's the best thing that happened. I love you, I swear I do."

WHO IS THIS?!

Where is the jerk I know?

The one who can't watch a cheesy movie for more than twenty seconds. The one who groans everytime a One Direction song plays on the radio. The one who hates love stories. The one who promised me, with so much desperation in his eyes, that he'd never fall in love. How did all this happen?

"Dan I think you've lost your memory or something. You're supposed to hate me. That's how it works. The sky is blue, the grass is green, the Earth rotates and Dan fights with Sarah. That's how it's always been. I can't possibly imagine-''

But before I could finish, his lips were on mine, and trust me when I say it was the best feeling in the world. I know why people do it all the time. It's in indescribable feeling.

It was nothing like I had imagined. That fairy-tale like dream that I was longing for; it was nothing like that. This was so much more.

Those alluring lips that I had always seen from far away were now against mine. They were smooth, sensual, yet chapped at the same time. Every movement of our lips created an giddy feeling. Our lips perfectly thrusted against each other and I was on fire. His lips tasted like mellifluous strawberries and mint. Then our once soft and slow kiss picked up a different pace and Dan's lips became rapid and urgent. His hands reached my hips and he effortlessly lifted me up, placing me on his lap until I was straddling him. I made sure to stay away from his plaster, spacing out carefully and placing my palms on either sides of his waist. God, he was so beautiful. The first word people could think of for boys is classy or handsome or hot. But no. This guy was something else altogether.

At the same time that his tongue touched mine, I interlaced my fingers in his bouffant, curly hair and he let out a moan. It was like music to my ears and Dan pulled me closer, my hands in his hair and his arms roaming around my body. Our lips were moulded together and our tongues were connected after I had to finally break away from the lack of oxygen.

When we pulled apart, I was in a euphoric state. Sparks were flying inside my body and my mind was a mixture of emotions. Happiness. Lust. Confusion. Anxiousness. What just happened left me stunned and overwhelmed.

No wonder people kiss all the time.

I pulled apart and faced him, both of us panting wildly and our hair standing in all directions. Dan held my face and his eyes blazed into mine fiercely, as if searching for something. I tilted my head slowly and looked up at him for any sign that he had regretted this. His eyes were unreadable, smoldering with such intensity that I had to look away. Surprising him and myself, I rested my head on his chest, inhaling his enticing scent and synchronizing my breaths with his. I felt his chest reverberate as he let out a low chuckle. Then gently, Dan placed his warm hands on both sides of my face and gingerly lifted my face.

"That was..-" He started but he couldn't finish the sentence due to the huge grin that his face broke into.

"Incredible," I finished for him with a grin of my own.

He suddenly moved closer to me, our hands entwined on his lap. I raised on of my arms and glided my fingers through his silky hair, as I felt his breath hitch.

We moved closer until the gap between us had almost disappeared, and our lips connected again. I was about to completely give in and lose myself in this wonderful kiss when an obnoxious and irritating sound broke the spell.

"OH MY GOSH!" The front door opened and a startled looking Rose entered, looking at us as if we're two criminals caught doing a dirty crime.

"What on Earth are you guys doing?!" She squealed. Yes, squealed. Like a little mouse.

"We're making out," And as soon as I'd said it, I internally face palmed myself. Way to go, Sarah. This was the best answer you could think of?!

My cheeks were engulfed with a deep shade of red as I gingerly moved away from Dan, climbing out and standing beside me nervously.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. This is amazing! This has to be on TV. The penguins in Madagascar and the elephants in India have to see this. I mean seriously, guys? What took you so long?! Have you ever noticed the tension between the two of you? It's like you're always trying to rip each other's faces off. FINALLY. God I have waited so long for this day. I now pronounce you as husband and wife!" She exclaims, wiping off fake tears and I hide my guilty face behind my hands.

"This is breaking news! The other humans ought to know!" She says, running out wildly, screaming something incoherent.

"Oh my god," I mumble. Dan looks at me, and starts laughing in this adorable way and despite how terrible the situation is...his laughter is so contagious that I can't help but laugh along.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yours truly,

Swara:)!