Chapter 42!

❤️They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now."

― Edna St. Vincent Millay❤️

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My phone rang at one in the night, rendering me speechless. Who the fuck has the nerve to call at this ungodly hour?!

"What the hell do you-" I screeched into the phone in my sleepy voice and heard an amused laugh at the other end.

"Do you greet everyone like this or am I that special?" Dan's velvety voice greets me and I frown. What's wrong?

"Dan, look at the freaking time. I love you sleep more than I love you," I snap at him. I can't help it. Sleep is everything to me. I can literally sleep for about 14 hours straight if you ask me to. And you can go to Tartarus and bring freaking Hades back but that won't wake me up. I mean, I probably wouldn't even wake if Harry Styles were here. Probably. And that is saying something.

"You never fail to wound me deeply, Chocolate," He says in a fake raspy voice as I stifle back a yawn.

"It's my privilege. Now do you mind telling me WHY ON EARTH did you call me right now, you absolute dumbass?"

"Whoa whoa relax, Sarah. Chill. Deep breaths. Calm down. Close your ey-"

"You're not a freaking yoga instructor so shut up before I come there and kill you. Murder in a hospital. That would make such an amazing headline Dan. And then I've always wanted to go to jail for something. Might as well be your murder," I can't help the sassy attitude. You call me at this hour, you deal with everything I have to say. He's lucky I haven't cut the phone yet.

"Go out with me," He says and I stop midway through my long ass speech.

"What do you mean? I thought we're already going out...?" My heart starts beating faster involuntarily.

"I mean, on a proper date, Chocolate. I've never really had a chance to take you on one," He elaborates and I sigh.

"You're sick, for God's sake. You need rest Dan. Better go to sleep before I seriously come and kill you for talking all this bullshit right now," I lecture him.

I hear him scream from the other end, and from what I know, he's probably frustratingly running a hand through his hair. "Could you be at least a little romantic, Sarah?" He whines.

"I'm sorry, Dan. Romance is overrated," I smirk.

"Sarah now it's my turn to kill you..." He threatens but ends up sounding like a lost puppy.

"Oh you wouldn't dare. You can't live without me, can you?" I proudly declare and he sighs.

"Yeah well, true that. But if you irritate me too much then there will be consequences," He says and I laugh. Ya ya, like he would ever dare do anything to me. He's too much of a scaredy cat.

"Sarah get ready. I'm picking you up in ten," He says and I hear shuffling on the other side.

The fuck?

"Dan have you lost it? Dude, call the doctor and make sure all your brain cells are still intact, huh? I mean, there may be some default in your brain, considering the fact that you last used it...never. You get what I'm saying? Or are you too thick to even understand a simple fact?

"Sarah shut up and get ready," And with that, the line is dead. The absolute silence in the room leaves me pondering on the insanity that just took place.

I consider my options. I can either comply and give into his demands and end up looking like a fool. But where's the fun in that? Let's make him beg a little.

Ten minutes later, I'm lazily lying on my bed, the covers rolled up in a mess around my head as the door opens and I peek through to see his lean figure and plastered hand.

"You have ten seconds before I tickle you to death. Death by unstoppable tickles. Ah, that would make such a remarkable headline, Chocolate," He grins and I stick out my tongue at him. Mature much?

"I'm not going anywhere, Dan Waters. You can do whatever the hell you want," I declare with a sense of pride and he mutters something under his breath.

"Why must you be so stubborn?"

"What? You think I would give up my beauty sleep, my soft pillow and my utterly comfortable bedsheet to go out on a date with you? Honestly? If yes, I must say you're deeply mistaken my friend," I shake my head in disapproval.

"Sarah PLEASE," There we go! The begging is here.

"Oh come on, Dan. You don't really sound that sincere. Might want to kneel down and add a little crocodile tears to your pleading?" I narrow my eyes teasingly and he gets up and walks out of the room.

Oh well...

Turning back, I try sleeping again but it's of no use. Sleep just won't come to me. Knowing that I treated Dan in a very bad way, and seriously overdid it in the end, I get up and walk downstairs to find him lying on the couch with the TV switched to mute. My heart reached out to him.

I walked up and wrapped my arms around his neck and he looked up at me, those strikingly brown eyes meeting mine, sending explosions all over me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper and he holds my face in his rugged hands, tracing my cheeks with his soft fingertips.

"I hate you for making me say please," He murmurs and I bite back a laugh.

"Oh come on, I loved it! I mean, why did I not take a video?! Dan do it again, please," I giggle and he huffs.

"Like hell."

"You gotta admit you looked cool like that, all whining and crying."

"Shut up, Sarah."

"Make me."

Before I finish the sentence, his lips are on mine and I gasp into them in shock. His smooth lips collide with mine and move in perfect synchronization, and I close my eyes with the shock waves it sends raking through me. His hands find my waist and he places me on his lap, never breaking contact. His eyes seem to pierce through me, rendering me speechless. I glide my hands through his hair, eliciting a hypnotizing moan from him. God, I missed this.

"Sarah we're late. It'll be over soon," He says and breaks away. Huh?

"What? What are you talking?" I say absentmindedly, still dazed from the amazing kiss.

"The date, you dolt," He reminds me.

"Oh, we're actually going?" I'm surprised, to say the least. I expected him to be joking.

"Yes. Get ready," With that, he lifts me off his lap and I walk into my room to wear something 'presentable'.

"How did you get out of the hospital, by the way?'' I frown, turning around to face him.

"I had sex with the nurse," He says cheekily and my heart thuds.

"Fuck you," I say, still unsure whether he's serious or bluffing.

"Oh yes, she did fuck me. And it was so amazing. Imagining her lips around me-" I show him the finger and rush upstairs, my face red with embarrassment. I can't believe I let him fool me.

His booming laughter echoes around the house, and I swear it's the most beautiful sound.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In no mood to write this shit.

Yours truly,

Swara:)!