Chapter 44!

Dedicated to@mazy123 for the most fantastic cover
-------------------
❤️Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."

― Mitch Albom❤️

After our amazing time with the karaoke, exhaustion finally kicked in and keeping my eyes open for more than five seconds straight seemed like a huge task. Dan, noticing this at once, wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head on his shoulder, sighing in content. Is it weird that he smells like chocolates? Although this is a smell that I somehow love.

"How was tonight?" Dan asks me, as we sit back into the car.

"You have to seriously ask? Tonight couldn't be more perfect, Dan. Thank you for everything. This was the best date ever. Not that I've ever been on a date before," I added uneasily.

"Which is what I love. I love that I'm the only one whom you thought was worthy enough of your time, Chocolate. Glad to know I'm the only person you love."

"Yeah well I'm happy about it too. I don't know about you, though. How many dates have you been on?" A soft melody plays in the background, the dashboard displaying the time as 4:00.

"I only ever dated Jennifer. And even that was for a really short period of time, thanks to Sam," he frowns.

"So then why do you even waste your time on other girls?" I question, remembering the endless stories circulating around the school about him and Claire or Hannah or Sidney or Ashley. It was hard to even keep a track of which girl was who.

"As heartless as it sounds, they were just...girls Sarah. Nothing else. They meant nothing to me, never have never will. I was just so lost and confused that time, I did what I thought was fun. It sounds horrible but it's the truth," he murmurs nervously.

I shake my head, I don't think I'll ever get his logic. "So am I only that? One of your conquests?" I ask playfully.

"Of course you are. I'm gonna leave you right after we have sex, Sarah. Seriously. Don't ever think that I love you and all that shit. That was just an act to get you in bed." He plays along, sounding serious.

"Oh, Dan, but I love you! I fell for you. I know you feel the same about me," I wailed in horror, wiping fake tears.

"Oh shut up, Dan Waters never falls in love. You're no different."

"I'm starting to think this is real," I raise my eyebrows.

"Ah, come on. I'm better than that, okay?" He defends himself.

"Yeah right," I snort. All boys are THE same.

"What? I'm not a pervert!"

"Sure sure whatever you say, Dan," I nodded my head disapprovingly.

"So you're saying you've never liked anyone before?" He challenges me and I take a moment to actually think about it.

"Well I've had crushes and stuff when I was in middle school, but a serious love interest. Nope. None. I'm actually hunting for a Zac Efron lookalike right now," I clarify and he gasps.

"Why do you need Zac Efron when you've got a sexy God sitting right beside you?"

"You? And sexy? Oh please, Dan. His eyes. His smile. His jawline. His abs. His muscles. His eyelashes. His hair. Can you beat that?" I look at him to see jealousy swirling in his irises and stifle a laugh. He looks so cute when he's jealous.

"Shut the fuck up. Whoever this guy is, I'm gonna have to murder him," he grits his teeth, actually sounding truthful.

"Dan, dare you kill my future husband," I warn him.

"Oh trust me, I will. Then you'll have no option but to marry me," Although it's a joke, his words warm my heart.

"There are tons of people better than-Shit Dan watch out!" My sentence is cut short when a person comes right in front of the car, his head banging against the bonnet as his body swings in the air and lies on the ground with a thud. I gasp as Dan stops the car, getting out. Oh shit. Oh shit. Shit shit shit.

Dan mutters a string of profanities as I look at the man we just knocked off.

He couldn't be older than 40, his hair a deep shade of brown with a tinge of white. There's a deep cut on his forehead, blood running down from it. He was still breathing, thank god.

"Sir, are you alright?" I ask. How is it that Dan always manages to get himself involved in an accident?! And that too two of them in less than a week. Jeez, this guy thinks he's in the fast and furious series.

"I'm fine," he says between rugged breaths and we help him get up. There's something so eerily familiar about him, although I'm sure I've never seen him before. His brown eyes are locked with Dan's, eyeing him strangely.

"Thank you for saving me," he says.

"We're sorry. Hope you're not badly hurt," I ask.

"No, child. I'm fine," his eyes still haven't left Dan's.

Can it be true....
Could it really mean...?

Almost telepathically, Dan confirms my growing suspicions with one word that's enough to make me gasp in shock.

"Dad?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi.
Bye.
Expect a loooooong chapter soon. Like really soon.
Yours truly,
Swara:)!