CHAPTER | 05

ʚ|| Yuri's POV ||ɞ

We continued the game and slowly battled between tied points it was 45-46, they were one point ahead of us. I was setting the ball but I forgot to signal for someone. As the ball traveled in the air they all jumped for it but crashed into one another, the ball bounced off the waxed floor as we froze.
   The gymnasium fell silent until the ref blew the loud whistle, the room soon filled with cheering from the other team and their crowd. I noticed the girls from my team start to tear up. We lined up to shake the opponents hands. After that we walked to the meeting room for out last after game meeting. My heart wrenched and my throat tightened but everyone else had tears rolling down their faces.

   "You girls did great." Coach sniffled. "You made it so far almost to Nationals.
   So do your after stretches and then head back to the bus when you're ready.. no point in watching now.. good work girls." She started walking out. "Mai..a few words."

   "Umm," Mai wiped at her tears and looked at us. "We really did do good."

   "We would have won if you called for someone!" Morie shoved me into the locker.

   "Stop!" Mai pulled her off and smiled at me. "It wasn't your fault.. Yuri-chan, you got us so far.."

   "This was our last game as third- years." Naruse spoke, tears brimming her eyes. "Thank you for bringing us so far."

   They all bowed to me and my face burned as I pushed Mai up, within that second I was tackled into a hug by everyone as they cried. I pat their backs and noticed the only three girls that didn't hug me were the ones who were in my class and my bullies.
I wanted to cry or something but my body refused to do so. I was only embarrassed because Yams and Tsukki showed up but I would have been even more embarrassed if Kōshi and Daichi actually showed up.

We all changed and I was the last one in the locker room, I picked up my bag and jacket clutching it in my hand as I walked out. We could have made it to Nationals, if only I called for someone to spike it. I stopped and looked at the setting sky, my eyes moved to see Morie talking to her parents at a car. Thank the gods she was going with them. I knew it was too good to be true.
Her parents glared at me and got in their car leaving there daughter behind. Morie glared at me and I knew I was fucked. I quickly picked up my speed but she grabbed my ponytail and yanked on it.

   "You!" She spit through gritted teeth.

   I raised an eyebrow as she gripped tighter. I don't bother trying to move since that would hurt my scalp even more. Tears glossed over my eyes as she pulled harder.
   "You should have called for it!" Morie spat. "We would have won with that one point! You're so annoying! Even if you don't talk! You're irritating and pathetic!"

  She threw me onto the concrete ground and I pushed myself up only for her to kick me down. Soon her two friends joined and they were all beating me up, at least now the tears fell from the cuts and fresh bruises.

   "Yuri-" Yamaguchi and Tsukishima watched as the girls beat me up.

   I was using my arms as a shield to my face as they kicked at me but I could see that Yams and Tsukki had just turned the corner and were now just watching. Tsukishima scoffed and walked over he grabbed my arm and yanked me up and over to him. I had to ignore the pain that shot from the harsh tug.

   "Stop touching her." He spoke. "She clearly doesn't care so stop kidding yourself. No one cares about you. Not your teammates, not your parents, not even someone as pathetic and worthless as this freak!" He shook me like I was some kind of rag doll which I might aswell have been one.