CHAPTER | 41

Yuri and Kei had gone to her house after everything, after school and the match. He laid in her bed tossing a volleyball up and catching up. The team had just beat Shiratorizawa, one of their toughest opponents. The satisfaction of watching them lose was such a sensation. She was waiting for Kei to mention his win against Ushiwaka but he wasn't going to. She looked at his fingers, wrapped from the game, yet she assumed he would be proud of it.

   "You did amazing." She told him and he smirked. "Does your finger still hurt?"

   "Yeah but I have other fingers that can do stuff." She blushed looking away. He sat up. "We leave tomorrow and you still haven't asked your brother."

   She knew he had a point, she walked over and sat next to him. "Okay I'll do it now." She got up.

   "Are you sure?" He asked.

   "He's in a good mood." She whispered and walked out heading to Kōshi's door. She knocked. "Hey."

   She saw the boy sitting at his desk, he was wearing a grey sweatshirt and plaid pajama bottoms. Yuri realized it had been a few months since she last stepped into Kōshi's room, it still smelled nice and he kept it clean.

   "Hey, is something wrong?" He asked.

   "No, nothings wrong." She fiddled with her fingers. "I have a question to ask you."

   Kōshi fully turned his attention to her, she didn't want that but had to ask him now.

   "Tadashi, Kei, and I want to go to Tokyo together, this weekend." She said watching as he tightly smiled. "Just for the weekend and we plan on staying at one of the Tsukishima hotels... so that won't be a problem."

   "No. Yuri, you're 15. I'm not gonna let you go to Tokyo with Kei and Yamaguchi." He replied sternly.

   "I'm almost 16." She said as if her age was a big factor.

   He scoffed. "No. You can't go. Sorry."

   "Why? You trust me, don't you?"

   He shook his head. "I don't trust Tsukishima. But that's not the point. I'm your older brother and well you asked me so no."

   Yuri leaned her back on the door frame, she was looking at the other side of the door frame. She didn't think that he would actually say no but she also didn't expect him to say yes without her giving him all the information. The girl didn't know what she had been expecting.

   "What if you come with us?" She asked without really thinking about it.

   Just outside of the room Tsukishima was mentally yelling at her to stop talking. The idea of not being able to be alone with her bothered him.

   "Yuri, don't you have tutoring for half the day on Sundays?" Kōshi asked.

   "Just come with us." She avoided the question.

   "Fine."

   She smiled and walked back to her room fully satisfied with herself and her successful attempt. As she walked in Kei glared at her.

   "What?" She closed the door.

   "It was just supposed to be the three of us." He said. "You shouldn't have invited him."

   'Why?' She asked. 'Kei, he said yes, who cares if he just tags along.'

   "Right." He said and got up. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

   She stopped him from leaving through the window. "He won't be a burden."

   Kei nodded and kissed her. "Fine."