CHAPTER | 53

• Yuri's POV •

   A few months had gone by I was able to go to games and support the team, missing them. I worked in the office a lot after school, earning money to be able to pay for things on my own.
Mr. Tsukishima had gotten me a credit card and I was able to have a savings account, along with setting aside money to pay him back since he did pay for the apartment for the last three months.

"I say we cut it out." An older man spoke. "We don't need so many fashion and makeup companies."

"Why cut out cosmetics?" Emiko cut in. "Our research shows that 65% of income comes from our cosmetics companies and fashion magazines."

"Yes but—"

"But nothing." She cuts him off. I pulled the screen down and shut off the lights as a chart appeared. "Even just removing one company will cause a 20% drop in consumption. That means we'll be losing money, not saving."

"What if we drop models?" A woman asked.

"10% or more depending on which model we drop." She showed the charts for the many models, myself included.

   I tried not to look butmy eyes glanced over and I could see I was amoungst the top five almost being top three and if the sales did drop a model it could definitely raise me. I shook the thought away as it seemed too cruel for the others and well, whoever I overpassed.

"What do you suggest we do, Miss Nakamura?" Mr. Tsukishima asks.

She sits down and I hand everyone files. "We drop all but two of our history publishers."

People started talking, disagreeing with her and a commotion erupts in the room. It was loud as the older man had their tantrums while the younger reps tried to find a way to make them happy.

"Pay attention, Yuri." Mr. Tsukishima told me.

I looked at Emiko who didn't looked at all fazed at the many older men yelling at her. She rolled her eyes and chuckled, causing them to all stop talking over her, probably because of he blant disrespect.

"Nobody reads them, we keep our two most popular and make more money. Unless you all want to be fired and we use your incomes to keep the others running until they eventually die out and close either way." Her smile fell. "So, all who want the second option?"

No one said a word. The entire room had a gloom to it but Emiko smiled once again and so did Mr. Tsukishima.

"Good work, Nakamura." He nods.

>>>

The meeting lasted another hour and I walked out with Mr. Tsukishima, handing him the notes I took.

"How did you like your first meeting?"

'It was very educational.'

"Good." He pushes the elevator button. "I want you to expand in publicity."

'I'm not sure I'm ready.'

"Nakamura and I have been talking, she and I agreed that you're more than ready. She tells me that Moshida is looking for a serious girl to be the face of her new issue."