CHAPTER | 10

ʚ|| Kei's POV ||ɞ

   I watched Yuri leave in the opposite direction of her home. It was strange to see her walk somewhere else other than her way home but I didn't want to question her like Tadashi had.

   "That's weird." He said as she got further.

   "She's weird." I replied shoving my hands into my pockets.

   Sugawara Yuri, The girl with the soft pale skin, thin light grey hair, and scary beautiful violet eyes that could possibly lock you in a trance, distract you as if it was the most important thing in the world. She was always quiet and rarely spoke even to us it would just be a "hey" and a wave as we spoke and she nodded, she would mainly write in her notepad that we had given her. Her voice soft and silky and her hums the same. It was beautiful when she did speak.
   I never really found her weird I thought it was normal to never see her talk outside of class since we were in different classes, I thought she had friends but then I saw her get tripped and teased. Her natural look gave the "what the hell are you looking at?" Saying and that's probably why her bullies bullied her.

   "Let's go." I walked away hearing Yamaguchi follow me.

   I'm not saying it was right for them to bully her but maybe if she gave them the reaction they wanted, they might have left her alone a lot sooner. If she fought them they would have left her alone. Yuri could fight, trust me.
   I lied to Morie when Tadashi and I first spoke to Yuri, I told her to not talk to us like she knew us but our parents had worked together a few times. I knew she had the same problems as the silent girl but she didn't have anyone like Yuri did.

   "Hey, we should hang out tomorrow." Tadashi caught my attention. "I'll invite Yuri, we can go to park and practice volleyball. There might still be cherry blossoms!"

   "Are we sure she wants to play volleyball?" I asked.

   Tadashi smiled and shrugged. "I hope, she's been looking a little down."

   "That's how she always looks." I know I was trying to convince myself. I was trying to get rid of the heavy pit in my stomach.

   Something feels wrong.

   Yuri was always closed off but Tadashi and I were always the ones who saw right through her. She never talked to us about anything but when one of us called her out on her shit she would sigh and thank us. I wish it were easier.
   The night I kissed her, we both avoided talking about it. I was annoyed that we never talked about it but of course I shouldn't have expected anything from her.

   "I know you care about her." Tadashi brought me back.

   I glared at him as I tried to stop the blood from building up in my cheeks.
"She probably hates volleyball now." I changed the subject.

   He chuckled nervously. "You think?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "She always seemed happier when she did play."

   "She quit the team because of her bullies." I spoke and pushed my glasses up. "I'd hate it, if I was her."

   "Oh...well...I'm still gonna call her later." He said as we stopped in front of his house. "Wanna come in and play video games?"

   I agreed because I knew Akiteru would be home for the vacation and I didn't want to deal with him. I followed Tadashi into his house.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

   I had gone home a few hours later now I was in my room laying on my bed and tossing the volleyball in the air. My mind was still stuck on Yuri she was on my mind a lot for the last few months especially after our fight. Today just seemed to hit harder that heavy gut feeling was still there.