CHAPTER | 23

ʚ|| 3RD POV ||ɞ

   Tadashi and Yuri walked to Tsukishima's house the boy explained how he was just spending time with his parents and apologized for not texting her that he was fine or why he left. She forgave him but asked him not to hide things from her, Tadashi felt a strain in his heart but agreed to her only request.

   "I thought Tsuki would have told you, but I guess it's better that I got to tell you and I promise not to keep you in the dark, sorry for making you worry." He finished and she nodded.

    They arrived to the house only to see that Tsukishima was still inside. They both wondered why he was taking so long, it was unusual especially for Tsukishima who always made it his priority to be on time. Tadashi took the first step to go knock on the door but Yuri stopped him and scribbled into the notebook. 'I want to do it.' She really wanted to start changing and every little thing counted. Right?
   Tadashi smiled and allowed her to step through the gate and walk to the door, the girl grew nervous as she got closer to the door. What if he doesn't answer? What if it's his mother? What if he gets annoyed that I did it? Before she could knock the door was pulled open making her step back startled by the sudden action, her foot slipping from the edge of the single step but an arm grabbed her and her bag. Yuri caught her balance and looked up to a tall blonde.
He wore a freshly ironed black suit with a light blue tie that weirdly went together perfectly. She also took notice of his golden eyes that sat behind the pair of glasses, looking directly at her. Yuri took in every feature that belonged to the man and instantly remembered the same man from a few years back, just slightly older and up close he was handsome for being an older man. After a moment of taking in the man, she bowed and moved aside, blood rushing to her cheeks as embarrassment washed over her and she cursed at herself.

   "Morning." She looked up at the man. "You must be Sugawara-san?"

   She nodded and bowed again, her heart racing but her body looked calm.

   "I'm the father of Kei and Akiteru." He added and she nodded again. "Are you okay?"

   Embarrassed she scribbled on the notebook. 'I'm fine, it's nice to meet you, sir.' She looked at her feet and then glanced back up at the man.

"Ready—" She glanced up to see Akiteru also wearing a fitted suit right behind his father. "Oh, Sugawara-chan."

The girl looked back at Tadashi who looked as nervous as she did. The boy didn't expect Mr. Tsukishima to still be there that morning or even Akiteru for that fact. He knew that it would be too much for Yuri to handle alone but he also knew how Mr. Tsukishima took observations of the people that his sons hang around with.
   The boy was tempted to go help his poor friend but decided against it as he would watch everything unravel before them.

"H-Hi." Yuri got out avoiding eye contact.

"Oh uh, Kei will be out in a second." He smiled.

"Thank you." She bowed again.

Yuri felt stupid, she didn't really know Akiteru or ever heard anything about Mr. Tsukishim. She only had herself to blame for being so closed off from her friends to barely know anything about them or their families.

"How are you and my son doing?" The older blonde suddenly asked.

Yuri took a moment and held the pen against the sheet. 'Your son is very strong and never holds back. He is headstrong when he needs to be.' Of course she was telling him the truth without putting in anything disrespectful.
The two read the notebook and Akiteru smiled brightly before reaching forward to ruffle her hair.