CHAPTER | 21

ʚ|| Kei's POV ||ɞ

   After dropping Yuri off and apologizing to her older brother who hugged her tightly and was clearly very worried, I walked to Yamaguchi's house, still thinking about the girl. She refuses to be happy, I can't fix that.

   The boy looked surprised when he opened the door. "Is Yuri with you?"

   "No, I dropped her off but I have a question." I told him as we walked in, he nodded. "Why are her parents like that? Did you know they were staying at a hotel?! Ten minutes from their children!"

   Tadashi looked caught off guard for a moment, he paused sat down and hugged a pillow before he answered. "Because they had Kōshi at a young age and he ruined their future plans but they delt with it and gave him their love and then they had Yuri almost more than a year later and maybe her silence is some mental thing that they can't fix... so they used it as an excuse and decided to let nanny's and babysitters deal with it while they go and follow their dreams."
   He ranted, his eyes glossing over and his fingers clutching into the pillow. "Spending enough money to keep their unwanted child alive until the moment they are old enough to fend for themselves and then it's not their problem because they're a big kid now. They're selfish bastards!"

   "Yama—" He started coughing, each hack nastier than the next, he pulled out a handkerchief and coughed into it. "Hey, are you okay?"

   Another long pause but he nodded and wiped his mouth, I wanted to ask him again but he beat me to the conversation.
   "They're selfish people, Tsukki. It fucked her up from the minute they disappeared for more than two weeks."

   I scanned him before taking a seat next to him. "It was their fault. She should have sold her uterus and adopted or something."

   "Some people aren't meant to be parents." He mumbled and sniffed. "You can't change them no matter what you say or do, bet they didn't even care when she tried to ..."
Another pause and he looked at me, neither of us talked about the situation because it was very traumatic to say the least but he was right.

   I sighed closing my eyes and leaning back, every time I remembered their faces I felt exhausted. "What a bunch of assholes."

   "Yeah *cough* she deserves better." He got up from the couch. "I'm going to shower, there's some left overs from my dinner in the fridge if you're hungry."

   "Wait." He stopped. "Are you really okay? I can stay here with you for the night, I see that your parents aren't home."

   "I'm fine." He said. "You should go home."

   "When are your parents coming back?" I asked as I got up.

   "Tomorrow, you can come over if you want." He stopped and looked at me. "Your dad is coming back from Europe, right?"

   I nodded. "See you tomorrow then."

   "You too."

ʚ|| 3RD POV ||ɞ

   Yuri sat in class taking notes, she was paying attention and writing everything down but her mind wandered, thinking about the night before and how she felt so stupid. She didn't expect Tsukishima to follow her, she expected him to assume she was going home and he would leave her alone. As he usually did.
If he hadn't been following her she would have gone in, talked to the people she had to call her parents. They looked different, her father dyed his hair from the salt and pepper color to pure black, her mother's hair now longer than she's ever seen it and she wore less makeup still looking as beautiful as she did when she wore tons, no she actually looked more beautiful. Why did they change?