Chapter 21 - Calm Down

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was definitely at Dabi's place again.

I better stop making a habit of this.

I slowly sat up and immediately felt for my leg to check it was still there. I move the sheets and see my leg with a small bandage on it.

I'm alive? And I still have my leg.

"Oh good your awake." Dabi said walking into the room from the kitchen.

He was shirtless and his jeans hung low showing off his muscly figure.

This man will be the death of me.

"I fainted didn't I." I said rubbing my head.

"Sure did. You took a bullet for me though kid, thanks for that." He said sitting down next to me.

"I did? Oh I just saw one coming towards you and tried to move you out of the way. I didn't mean to put myself in the way." I awkwardly giggled to myself.

The room went awkwardly silent and I knew he was about to say something serious.

"Listen." He said letting out a sigh. "I talked to Shigaraki, you don't have to join the league. Your free to go." He said softly.

Is he for real ?

"Oh, I am?" I paused for a moment to process the good news.

It was good news right???

"If that's what you want, you can go." He said giving me a pat on my leg. He looked down at his hand avoiding eye contact with me.

I looked down at my hands. "Is that what you want?" I asked looking up at him.

He stayed silent and continued to look at his hand.

"Your life would be a heck of a lot easier without me in it, wouldn't it." I said with a sigh.

Really I've done nothing but cause trouble for him ever since we met.

I removed his hand from my leg and closed my eyes using my quirk to send myself back to my room. I didn't say goodbye or anything. That was it.

—————————————————————————

I collapsed onto my bed and started to cry pulling myself under the sheets. I looked at my broken phone. The time was 11am. Jas would already be at work. I stayed curled up crying to myself for a while.

Finally I pulled myself out of bed and wiped the still flowing tears from my face. I walked out of our apartment and down the lift. I slowly walked down to the street dragging my feet still in my outfit from last night with a bandaged leg. I turned into an alley and pulled my phone out still sniffling back tears.

I was shaking again while tears covered the broken screen as I found the right contact to call.

It rung a couples of times before someone answered.

"(F/N)! I've been trying to call you for the last week!" My mum yelled into the phone. "What happened to you?"

I tried to stop crying and talk normally.

"Hey mum." My shaken voice managed to get out. "I just really need to talk to.."

She cut me off before I could finish. "What's this about Alex breaking up with you? And losing your job? Your off the rails (F/N)!" She yelled.

I'm ... I'm what?

"Mum what do you mean, he cheated one me I don't..." I tried to explain before she cut me off again.